Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 into Jeep Swap Q's

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 into Jeep Swap Q's

I have been lurking for a while, gathering information on my planned 5.3 swap into a Jeepster. So this is my first post and I am hoping for some input on a 5.3L LM7 I found nearby.

The owner had a 2002 Silverado 1500 that he put 110K miles on before replacing the engine and trans with one out of a 2005 with 57k miles on it. The 2005 was not a direct swap because of the drive by wire on the newer engine. To make it work, he re-used the plenum, injectors, harness, computer and sensors from the 2002 and put them on the 2005 long block. Confused yet? Anyway after getting his 2002 running again, he put 4700 miles on it before getting rearended, totalling the truck and forcing him to part it out.

Bottom line, I am looking at a 62K long block with 115k induction and computer. I know that most of the wear parts are in the long block but should I be concerned about the higher miles on the rest of it? The engine was carefully pulled and its appearance seems to be consistent with its age.

I would be paying $800 for the complete engine with harness, computer and fuel tank. Good? Bad? What do you guys think?
Old 07-16-2011, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If it comes with all the front accessories and what you mentioned it probably would be an decent deal, nothing spectacular but worth looking into. Also depends where you are located a lot too it seems like, as for my comment that would be for the market I have seen in Oregon area. Is that the absolute lowest they will go? if it doesn't come with all accessories I would keep looking if it is complete with pretty much everything probably not to bad of deal. As for the injectors if u plan on running truck style u can get intake and injectors cheap on here so wouldn't worry and as long as ecu is clean shouldn't have many issues with it.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info. I may be able to work the price down a little since that's the asking price. We'll see. It does come with all the accessories.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice should be a fun project I am slowly accumulating parts for my cj7 swap from sbc to lsx. Are u from Oregon? (just curious from the name )
Old 07-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Teching In

I am from Oregon. Near Oregon City.

I am in the process of gathering parts too. My Jeepster project started as an axle swap. Then I started the whole "as long as I'm doing this, I might as well do that" and now I am planning a 5.3 and T19 too. I am enjoying the build but I am really looking forward to getting it "done".

Quick Reply: 5.3 into Jeep Swap Q's