Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To cut or not to cut? (My Harness)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default To cut or not to cut? (My Harness)

I would like to know if I can get away from cutting wire's. I would like to just fold them back and forth in the harness itself. My second question is if I do fold them will they cause any interference being that they go pass each other? Dont want to cut in case I want to move again for some reason.

Thanks Jaime
Old 07-16-2011, 08:28 PM
Staging Lane

start by not cutting anything until you're sure you have everything hooked up properly, tucking and bundling wont cause any issues unless you're like intwining them around the spark plug wires or something, it's a non-issue.

once you're confident you have everything wired in you need then go in and clean up the harness for a nice finished look.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

You should basically be able to do whatever you need to with these wires in terms of routing. Once you start hooking up a stereo you'd want to avoid running certain wires next to and parallel to each other for too long, but that's something else entirely I suppose.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tongboy
start by not cutting anything until you're sure you have everything hooked up properly, tucking and bundling wont cause any issues unless you're like intwining them around the spark plug wires or something, it's a non-issue.

once you're confident you have everything wired in you need then go in and clean up the harness for a nice finished look.
Good to hear, I think i can make it look good with out having to cut anything. Keeping coil packs on head so no issue with those wires getting crossed up.

Originally Posted by chuckd71
You should basically be able to do whatever you need to with these wires in terms of routing. Once you start hooking up a stereo you'd want to avoid running certain wires next to and parallel to each other for too long, but that's something else entirely I suppose.
Which wires are you talking about causing interference with stereo? Cant think of any wires for stereo running threw the harness.