Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost there, couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Almost there, couple of questions

I am almost finally done with my LS swap, I have 2 questions.

1. I am using a radiator with a bung already installed, just need to get the correct size fitting with barb. I also need to purchase hose for the steam line. What size line should I get? Also, do you just use small typical hose clamps on each end?

2. I have the starter that came with the motor, but it is pretty rough and I am not sure about the wiring since it appears there is a connector I need. Below are some pics. Am I just better off using this as a core and going with a Durolast or Ebay starter to eliminate wiring headaches? Old motor I had in there had the typical 3 post solenoid, so the car is already wired for that.

Thanks

Old 07-17-2011, 07:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of newer GM cars have that connector for the starter solenoid wire. You could get the connector for it and splice it in. That would make it much easier to disconnect and reconnect instead of the 8mm nut. This is all assuming that the starter actually bolts up to your motor.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks.
I still need to get the 2 bolts, did not come with the motor but this starter was tagged as being from this motor, just like the other accessories that have bolted up without issues, so hopefully I will be good.