Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Conversion Gas fumes *fixed*

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Conversion Gas fumes *fixed*

A few weeks ago I asked for help with the terrible fumes I was getting inside the passenger compartment of my 1968 firebird LS1 conversion, it had gotten so bad that it was undrivable without a gas mask. Well I figured it out via common sense. What was happening was I had retained the stock tank, fed the single fuel rail thru a Walbro 255 behind a corvette fuel regulator. I had a perfect 58 lbs at the fuel rail, but the return from the regulator was pushing so much fuel back into the tank it was pressurizing the tank and was venting around the fuel neck gasket and the fuel neck/tank connector into the trunk and passenger compartment. I used a 1/4" npt x 5/16" barbed brass elbow, installed it into a commercial grade 2" fluid handling hose (make sure you don't use hydraulic as it will not compress with a wormdrive clamp) I installed the elbow in the middle of the fuel neck/tank connector, installed the 5/16th fuel line and routed to the engine compartment where it ended ata charcoal cannister from a 1976 camaro. It doesn't have to be pretty as everything is hidden, problem solved!

Mike
Attached Thumbnails LS1 Conversion Gas fumes *fixed*-img_0554-2-.jpg   LS1 Conversion Gas fumes *fixed*-img_0557-2-.jpg   LS1 Conversion Gas fumes *fixed*-img_0555-2-.jpg   LS1 Conversion Gas fumes *fixed*-img_0556-2-.jpg  

Quick Reply: LS1 Conversion Gas fumes *fixed*