Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 350z Drift Build 'Nuff Said'

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 08:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Verz
Nice, sounds damn good and your reaction in the video says it all on how you feel about it.
Thanks man, and yeah you can say I am pretty stoked about it.. 3yrs in the making.. feels good
Old 10-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Launching!

**bump**
Old 11-17-2014, 02:31 PM
Launching!

Got a new vid up.. Friend came over and wanted me to start her up so I was more then happy to do so..

Old 11-22-2014, 03:14 AM

I absolutely love this thread! Kudos to you on your hard work, and your excellent pictures. This is seriously the best write up I have seen. I plan on using your work to help guide me along with my build.

I'll be sure to ask for help with any hangups I encounter.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dabazi22
I absolutely love this thread! Kudos to you on your hard work, and your excellent pictures. This is seriously the best write up I have seen. I plan on using your work to help guide me along with my build.

I'll be sure to ask for help with any hangups I encounter.

Thanks man for the kind words.. Love comments like these, it keeps me pushing.. So thank you..

Yeah man if you have any question hit me up would gladly help out.. You doing it in a Z or G

Also guys I am collecting parts right now, like brake lines, tires.. really thats it.. lol What I have left on the car is to run my brake lines, mount tires, bleed clutch and brakes. Fill coolant.. Get alignment, Wrap car and then dyno..

List is small.. But the holiday time is killing me..
Old 11-25-2014, 09:47 AM
Launching!

Well finally got my Rivnut tool in the mall.. So know I can install all 24 rivnuts for my overfenders..

More pics on the install by the end of the week
Old 11-26-2014, 10:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Royal_T
Well finally got my Rivnut tool in the mall.. So know I can install all 24 rivnuts for my overfenders..

More pics on the install by the end of the week
just curious as to why you chose that tool over the rivnut tool that looks like a rivet gun, I used rivnuts on everything on my build and that seems like it would have taken an eternity.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nissan LS240
just curious as to why you chose that tool over the rivnut tool that looks like a rivet gun, I used rivnuts on everything on my build and that seems like it would have taken an eternity.
So I do have the other tool also but its not in metric..

and the man reason I picked this one up is to do more heaver duty rivnuts.. Like this is for my 6mm steel rivnuts.. and those are a bitch to do with the other tool..
Old 11-26-2014, 02:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Makes sense I used all standard sized rivnuts, but used aluminum rivnuts to make it easier on my hand,
Old 12-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Launching!

Okay finally got to installing my Rivet nuts, but first lets talk beer...

So I have not been drinking beer a lot lately, trying to cut back.. don't need that beer gut.. With that being said, I had to show case this local TX beer brewery.. Thirsty Planet Brewery, Now I just went there on a beer tour and had a blast. My favorite beer out of the bunch had to be their Smokey Porter. This was absolutely mind blowing. Every season they choose a locate TX BBQ spot for the Smokey Porter and the beers contained malts smoked by them.. The beer it self smelled like a BBQ joint. I just feel in Love with this beer.

lets start with the rivet nuts them self. I decided to do 6mm Steel Rivets. Wanted the Steel so they don't strip on me.

Here is the tool I am using to install them. And before everyone ask why not use the other hand tool like a rivetgun. Well I do have that tool too but it is in standard sizes and would be a bitch to install steel rivetnuts.

I already mocked up the fenders with your normal rivets so the holes were there, but need to be bigger to install the rivet nuts. Nothing a drill can't solve

Picked up a socket to drill bit adapter so I can use my drill to install them.. Used a 11mm socket

Getting ready to install the rivet nut. You are going to hold down the tool cause its going to want to twist on you if you don't

This is what it looks like once you have completed the install.

All you have to do is unscrew the 6mm from the rivet not add.....

BAM!!! we got a nice little rivet nut..

After I installed all 24 rivet nuts, 12 on each side. I mounted the over fenders.

The other side

At the moment I am using these temp allen bolts to make sure everything is good.. Later I will install these:

NEO Chrome bolts.. should look pretty good..
Old 12-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Launching!

double post
Old 12-06-2014, 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

Was down in Austin and went to a Thirsty Planet.....awesome owners for sure. The Thirsty Goat is my fave but #2 is the porter.

Awesome touch with the neo chrome bolts
Old 12-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2muchboostNY
Was down in Austin and went to a Thirsty Planet.....awesome owners for sure. The Thirsty Goat is my fave but #2 is the porter.

Awesome touch with the neo chrome bolts

yeah man the owners know there stuff, was great talking to them
Old 12-10-2014, 09:43 AM
Launching!

So I just linked up with a guy named Shawn that does a lot of CF work for Indy cars, we are going to be working on a few things on the Z but the first thing that is up to bat is my EndPlates. Here is a little tease on what we are working on for my Endplates for the BCL wing. I am mocking up some designs now and Shawn is going to do his thing to make these things badass. Can't wait..
Old 12-18-2014, 06:16 PM
Launching!

So here is another pic of the end plates I design.. Mocked up the wheels to see how it would look also

Also please note that those are not the arms I am running.. Going to be running the Solid/Manly ones

Now just have to make the other side and send off to get made in CF.. Can't wait for this
Old 12-23-2014, 01:14 PM
TECH Regular

This build is everything I love cars for... Doesn't matter the "use" you have done the best attention to detail and focus on the end game I have seen...

I am simply amazed... and dat beer doe... rawr!!!
Old 12-25-2014, 02:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Was a good build with a lot of attention to detail, but it seemed like you rushed the fenders.

All that attention to detail just to slap some eBay headlights, wavy bondo wide body kit, and riveted fenders? I expect those from a drift car just don't see why you paid such attention to detail with everything else just to slap some fenders on there like you plan to destroy the body anyways.

Just my .02
Old 12-30-2014, 12:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Koncrete
This build is everything I love cars for... Doesn't matter the "use" you have done the best attention to detail and focus on the end game I have seen...

I am simply amazed... and dat beer doe... rawr!!!

Thanks man for the kind words, glad you like the build.. I try my best to pay attention to all the details..
Old 12-30-2014, 12:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
Was a good build with a lot of attention to detail, but it seemed like you rushed the fenders.

All that attention to detail just to slap some eBay headlights, wavy bondo wide body kit, and riveted fenders? I expect those from a drift car just don't see why you paid such attention to detail with everything else just to slap some fenders on there like you plan to destroy the body anyways.

Just my .02

I don't see how you say I rushed the fenders... I cut and welded them and water/smoked proofed them. (which most don't do) I also rivetnut them on which almost no drift cars do..

As for the the overfenders I got them from a pro D1NZ driver so nothing off the self.

And you don't have to like the route I choose for the lights or the use of the car, thats your .02 has you stated. But hey it is what it is a "Drift car" it will get beat up so have to plan ahead. It would be dumb of me to think nothing will happen to the body.

With that being said I might switch back to my 06 headlights and use these as backup.

But thanks for your opinion.. Hope you still keep watch/reading
Old 02-02-2015, 08:50 PM
Teching In

Royal T. Insane build! Quick question, and I skimmed through all the pages so I might have missed it but, are you SD tuning? Reason I ask why, I do not see a maf only a IAT sensor (I believe thats what I see). Currently doing the swap on my car and am trying to figure out the intake setup. Thanks

Quick Reply: LS1 350z Drift Build 'Nuff Said'