Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Conversion

Hey guys I am pretty new to this site. I have a '66 GTO that I am looking at doing an ls conversion on. The car is an automatic and has air conditioning. I am kinda wondering what I am going to have to do to make this all work out. Also wondering if I should cut the floor and make it a 6 speed or just stick with automatic? I am also not sure what to do with the air conditioning core? I talked to a guy did a '69 Camaro with the ls conversion and he has air conditioning too and he put his underneath his dash some how. Any ideas?
Old 07-30-2011, 10:12 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I am currently building a 65 Chevelle with a LS2, it will have air(Vintage), under the dash, they should also make one for your 66 GTO. As for your trans dilema, do what ever you feel like, they will all "fit", some just take more mods than others. Have a great time with the build..
Old 07-31-2011, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I am gunna go with vintage air (hopefully). I really wanna go with a m6 but I really don't wanna cut the floor because I am putting a new floor in and don't wanna cut it. I know they make patch pannels for the floors that I could always put in to make it back to original but if I go m6 I will never change it back...