Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Inch LQ9 Stroker ?s

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 12:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Inch LQ9 Stroker ?s

Ok I am a newbie to this site but have been reading here for quite awhile. Im looking to build a 69 pro touring Yenko tribute on C5 Vette suspension with the transaxle etc, 4l60e and I want to build a (LSX427), Now a LQ4-LQ9 bored .060 over with a 4.125 Stroker crank will give me my wanted 427 cubes. Question 1 how well do these blocks react to a .060 overbore? I know these arent sb or bbc's but from my experience .060 is pretty well pushing the envelope... any overheating issues? Wall weakness (ballooning) etc? Question 2 how much machining is required to accept the 4.125 crank? Question 3 heads... Now this one might be a bit touchy but the factory cathedral port 317 heads sound like they will be plenty for what im wanting, A small smoothing port job and gasket matching... Or would it be a good idea to upgrade heads to the L92 etc.. Im swapping the intake anyway i want a nostalgic look, Edelbrock Victor JR intake with Fast EFI. Cam im going to do some homework on I have never liked to wind one past 5500RPM and im looking for more mid range torque than anything (like the ol BB427) and a little cackle at idle, Most important is reliability which is the reason for fuel injection, I make a frequent drive from 9000ft to below 5000ft (16 mile 6% grade) and have had hell with hi compression small blocks and pre ignition problems so im looking to keep it around 10.5(+/-):1 she doesnt have to be an absolute screamer but an honest 400-450hp to the ground would be satisfactory and turn key reliability, (I fix enough broken crap at work) lol sorry for the long winded post, but please any thoughts, recommendations, insights, Im all ears Josh
Old 08-16-2011, 08:02 AM
Teching In

Anybody? Am I in the right spot...?
Old 08-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Launching!

did you post this ? in the internal engine section. you might have better luck there. not saying the guys on here don't know, but a lot of them go to the engine section for answers too.

Quick Reply: Big Inch LQ9 Stroker ?s