Im doing a swap from an 07 escalade with a 6.2 L92
to an 07 Avalanche with a 5.3L.
Im hoping I can just swap the motor because the Escalade is 4X4 and the Avalanche is 2WD. My first priority is to get the Avalanche running.. the tuck was in a small fire on the passenger side dash area. Nothing but a/c wires and a couple wires that go to radio seem to be burnt. The truck hasn't been started since this which was about 6 months ago. Ive wired everything up that I can see. Not everything is there though so the cooling fans aren't plugged in and I can't seem to find the plug for the MAF sensor so thats not plugged in.
I want to do two things when I get back to work on monday;
1. See if there is power going to the start ( I doubt there is)
2. Hook up the shifter cable and make sure the truck is in park or neutral
Heres where Im at.. car turns on fine but when you crank it nothing happens.
So my questions are;
1. Any ideas on what to check to try and get it to start
2. How can I identify what transmissions both trucks have
3. Any foreseen problems with just doing a motor swap instead of doing the whole driveline