Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No oil pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default No oil pressure?

I blew up one engine to this already so I replaced it and pulled the valve cover off my new one and there isn't any oil coming out. What's the issue? Does it have to run more than a few seconds to get oil to the top? I cranked it a good bit before then shot ether in it. It fired up once before this video for a second. Then I did the same a few more times after this vid and still thing..

I'm stumped..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzK3bL_RR4k
Old 08-26-2011, 11:14 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this is a pull out that has set for a while it may need to be primed or if you replaced the pan and pickup tube it could be an oring in the pickup tube were it mates to the pump. There are different ways to prime it but the easiest way I know is is to over feel the crank case with like 19 or 20 qts of cheap oil until it runs out the plug on the fwd lower side of the block that fills the pump with oil. Turn it over with fuses pulled so it want start and you should get almost intstant pressure. If so drain the engine and refill to normal level with the good stuff then start it up. If you have pressure then and it stays that way then it was a priming issue if not then it could be the ring or other issues. Other folks have jacked the back of their car high in the air to prime the pump and I have heard they make a kit but not sure were to get one or how much it cost. I pulled my engine 3 times and change the oring before I figured out it just needed a prime. good luck.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oring at the pick up or the barbell in the back of the engine. Did you take the rear cover off of the engine? Did you remove the plastic barbell? Did you remember to put it back in in the direction it came out? Without the barbell you will ave no oil pressure as it blocks the path between the in an out.

Quick Reply: No oil pressure?