Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My efi lsx/th350 mustang

Old 08-27-2011, 11:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My efi lsx/th350 mustang

Bout 95% done, it does move it's own weight just need to get the reverse workin right, legalize the car and get it tuned. Long story short the 302 got somethin dropped down in the motor goin from carb back to fuel injection and it was with spend money to go 351w based and not be very fast or do the smart swap so I did the swap, cam only 5.3 with the big dynatech LT headers, th350 with a 3500 stall.(my buddy just gave me a iron 6.0 shortblock so it will get a bigger cam, better heads/intake and go in soon as the 5.3 can't handle anymore nitrous) here are a few pics of the engine bay and a small walk around, I'm gonna clean the engine bay soon I just finally got the computer and wires tucked the way I want them..

Video:
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/...t/e4bafae4.mp4

Old 08-28-2011, 04:49 AM
Teching In

any more info?
wire harness used?
cant wait to see some times.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:32 AM
Launching!

Default That poor poney...

Hello. Cool..
This poor Pony is going to run so fast that the shoes will fall of
Looking frwd to see this project done.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dudek
any more info?
wire harness used?
cant wait to see some times.
Local kid here in Houston,tx made my harness, I bought a stock 99 SS 6 speed harness for 75 bucks and brought it to him and he made it a full standalone for 250. But if he provides the harness it's 350. Took him 2 nights to do it and I had quite a few issues getting things to work right like starting the car and getting the fan to kick on by the motor(both my fault due to lack or wiring knowledge) and when I called him he was EXTEREMLY helpful and walked me through both issues til I had it all right, even offered to drive over to my house to help!(45 minute drive)

My ONLY suggestion for his design would be to extend the red and blue computer plugs, mine was just barely barely long enough to put through the passenger side fire wall.

Any other questions feel free to ask!

Btw I do still have his number if anyone needs a harness I highly recommend him.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

I bet you will surprize alot of people.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what did you use for alt and ps? did you swap your balancer and use ls1 brackets?
Old 08-28-2011, 02:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

The vacuum line for the booster is totally wrong

You're connected to the PCV system which is totally different. On the rear of the intake is a 1/2" port specifically for the booster, run it strait there. From the PCV run directly to the lower port on the intake behind the TB

Heater core lines also wrong. Since the mustang uses a standard core, just buy some generic hose and connect them. If you dont want heat, you still need to put the loop hose at the waterpump instead of capping them like it is

Why did you cap the steam ports? Now the engine will have hotspots and be a bitch to bleed all the air from the cooling system

Id also suggest some degreaser before you show stuff off, that engine bay looks terrible
Old 08-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Teching In

Besides a couple lsxnation.net stickers no one will know what she has goin on

And I used all the f body accessories. Crank pulley, water pump, and alt. Bracket(had to drill and tap my iron block to run this bracket) and it has no power steering or ac
Old 08-28-2011, 03:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Pocket

You're connected to the PCV system which is totally different. On the rear of the intake is a 1/2" port specifically for the booster, run it strait there. From the PCV run directly to the lower port on the intake behind the TB

Heater core lines also wrong. Since the mustang uses a standard core, just buy some generic hose and connect them. If you dont want heat, you still need to put the loop hose at the waterpump instead of capping them like it is

Why did you cap the steam ports? Now the engine will have hotspots and be a bitch to bleed all the air from the cooling system

Id also suggest some degreaser before you show stuff off, that engine bay looks terrible
He's right about the brakes and steam connection, but the heater hose caps will be ok. The engine won't over heat because of it.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Pocket

Sorry I did everything TOTALLY "wrong" next time I build somethin I'll try to do it the "pocket" way.

As far as the booster, does it really matter where it has vaccum as long as it has it?? My reason for that is my oil pressure sensor is back there and is too close to that port to get a hose on there.

For the heater hoses, it will be looped. Chill out..the car IS NOT done.

Steam ports, I bought the motor this way and put the plugs in it temporarily so I could finish the cooling system(if that really will effect the motors performance I'll change it) I'll look into that a little more..

And I didn't put in this post but my next step is to clean the engine bay up some, money was tight this week and I couldn't even afford a bottle of degreaser, I personally don't build my **** to impress people whiter it be looks or performance. It's for my entertainment only..I can't afford and prolly won't be able to for a long time to build anything nice enough or fast enough to compete with the majority of these guys, **** off.

Idk if u were tryin to be a dick or just help out but it came off to me as a dick, if not then my bad!
Old 08-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Teching In

Ok nevermind it WAS in this post too that I PLAN ON CLEANING THE ENGINE BAY.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

If thats how you say thanks for the pointers, then Ill stop with saying good luck with the rest of your build
Old 08-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Teching In

What's wrong with the booster hose? I completely agree that it should go to the back of the intake but it can't with the sensor there, I will post a pic of how tight it is and let y'all see what u think and y'all may have a better idea then what I came up with. That's just the best thing I could think of..pic will be up very shortly.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:02 PM
Teching In

This is the sensor that's too close and idk a way around it

Old 08-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Teching In

I just thought of an idea, trim the vacum port down shorter?
Old 08-28-2011, 08:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where did you mount the ECU?
Old 08-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Through the factory ford hole in the passenger floor, behind the kickpanel. It took some maneuvering and my gf to help feed it through
Old 08-28-2011, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whitesn95
Holy hell that's tight. I'd be worried more or less that the intake will crack with the engine moving. Don't really have any suggestions other than a huge hammer and a torch and adjust the firewall.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01cherryreds10
Holy hell that's tight. I'd be worried more or less that the intake will crack with the engine moving. Don't really have any suggestions other than a huge hammer and a torch and adjust the firewall.
Lol in that picture it does look like it's close to the wall but nothing touches, I have a good 2 inches back there
Old 08-28-2011, 09:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by whitesn95
Through the factory ford hole in the passenger floor, behind the kickpanel. It took some maneuvering and my gf to help feed it through
So it fit behind the kickpanel?? Did you have to cut the sheetmetal to get it to fit or did it just volunteer?

Thats great news for me, I really wanted my ECU inside and out of sight. Got any pics of the mounting arrangement?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My efi lsx/th350 mustang