Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock fusee block

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 12:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default stock fusee block

hello ls1tech fam. i want to use the stock fuse block but want to know if i need to add separate fan relays or can i use the relays on the stock fuse block? also can anyone chime on how they setup thier stock fuse block. thanks in advance. pics r below.
Attached Thumbnails stock fusee block-fuse-block-004.jpg   stock fusee block-fuse-block-001.jpg   stock fusee block-fuse-block-002.jpg   stock fusee block-fuse-block-003.jpg  
Old 09-01-2011, 01:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I converted a stock F-body fuse box, you can just remove and repin as needed as well as add relays/fuse if needed. The OEM boxes are really very basic and if you remove everything, you can build it as needed.

You well need to get some correctly colored wire, some new terminals, a Terminal tool(small screwdriver like) and a crimper.

If your fan relay are already there on the box, 1/2 the work is done. You just need to wire power and PCM/ECM relay activation wires as needed.

Get a wiring diagram for the setup you are using or want to wire like, that well help..
Old 09-01-2011, 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default stock fuse box

thanks bczee. was it easier to use a f-body fuse box? if not, ill have to do some reworking i guess. nothing comes easy with these swaps. i was hoping someone already done this b4.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default My Fuse box

Can't really say, as i have not seen or used a truck one before. but from the looks of your box, it has more than enough relays and fuses already pin in... if you look at the bottom, you well notice that everything look alike.. this is like plug and play.. at least from the way I see it or vision it.

I have posted this before and is in my LS1 Nova build thread. Here is a drawing of where fuse and relays are located and logically wired (not physically correct or to which terminal of the relay). But the Fuse circuits can be seen correctly for what goes to what and from what). Which were pretty much as stock.

These may help.. but depending on what you have or need.
Fuse Box lay out and some wiring:

What I figured I needed for pin out from/to PCM, fuse box and other items:

BC
Old 09-02-2011, 02:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default fusebox

thats what i need, a fuse block diagram. a diagram will make my job a lot easier. anyone have one ? post away. thanks ls1 fam.

Quick Reply: stock fusee block