Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where does this plug go?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default where does this plug go?

can someone tell me where this plug goes?
i HOOOOOOPE it doesn't go onto the passenger side of the transmission, because there is barely any room for it, and it's also kind of too short.
also, how many plug connections are there in the transmission area? i've connected 2 so far, plus this mystery one, will make it 3 -- is that right?

Old 09-06-2011, 09:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

according to this link it looks like it is a manual trans b/u lamp switch

http://currentperformance.com/Connectors/LS2_LS7.html
Old 09-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Teching In

that link was very helpful, thank you!

i have another question now. i went under the car again today and i noticed that there is a 2 wire plug near the starter. if you recall, near the starter there is that small grounding wire that goes to the starter, an o2 sensor plug, a 2 wire plug that goes between the starter and the block, and that unknown 2 wire plug. anyone know what that 2 wire plug near the starter is for?
Old 09-07-2011, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

you will have a knock sensor which is infront of the starter, and behind the starter kinda hidden in the block should be a crank sensor.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

The plug that is two wires goes to the Crank Angle Sensor(CAS) and your car wont run with out it. The plug is between the starter and block and is a BITCH to get to with the starter on. If you can take the starter off do it and it will be 8x easier. I had to put that plug in with the starter on because my headers were in the way of taking the starter off and I really didnt want to take them off.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Teching In

saweet, thanks guys. yesa, after more research it looks like the CAS is a 3 wire, which is the one between starter and block. i did end up loosening the starter to give me enough room to connect this plug.

so i'm assuming the 2 wire one that i haven't connected is for the knock sensor like fatfree said, but i thought the knock sensor plugs were the ones in the valley cover. theres another plug for it down by the starter?

i'm finding pictures that show a knock sensor down there, but my motor is a 00 ls1 so i'm thinking it isn't the knock sensor. either way i'm gonna get under the car again and see if i can find where this plug goes!!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

the knock sensors are in the valley pan, they have a seperate harness that connects to the engine harness behind the intake. that connector is probably the oil level warning switch, and if you used the sikky mount kit for your ls swap, the oil pan does not have that switch, I know you can use the gto oil pan but I didn't so I don't know if that switch is built on the gto oil pan, if you have the original oil pan still, there should be a connector on it. The oil level switch is neat to have but not needed.

There shouldn't be any ground wires that go to the starter, the starter is case grounded you might have a ground wire that goes on the starter mounting bolts, but if its going to the starter solenoid thats the remote wire to turn starter on should have 12v when cranking.