Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1963 Corvette Grand Sport LS2/T56 Build(Lots of Pics!)

Old 06-05-2014, 09:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All this brings us up to the Ultimate Street Car Association event at Daytona! Friday we attended the road rally which essentially tested the cars to see if they were capable of "streetable" tasks. It ended up being about a 60+ mile cruise!

Saturday was incredible. I ran 7+ 20 minute sessions around the Daytona Rolex 24 hour course. I ended up putting up a top 14 time out of all classes. Unfortunately just as I was getting the hang of things I boiled the brake fluid which kinda killed my confidence in pushing things to the limit. At one point I was the only car on the track, at night, under the lights, for 3 or 4 laps. Make sure and watch the vids!

First thing Sunday morning I was in the garage frantically bleeding the brakes with new fluid. Luckily I finished with plenty of time. Sunday consisted of autox and the speed stop challenge. The "autoX" was held on the kart course which was really cool. I ended up with around a top 10ish and top 13ish time overall in both events

Last edited by Ellis Juan; 06-05-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Teching In

That is beautiful. Nice coating of brake dust on those wheels too!
Old 06-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Launching!

Thanks! I meant to mention the weekend of May 30-June 1st I competed in the Chevy High Performance Nationals. We drove the car to the Chevy High Performance Nationals 385 miles, paid the entry, pulled up to the autoX, and beat on the car for two solid days. Packed up our things and our trophy and drove 385 miles back home. Over 800 mile weekend including track time and food runs..

I brought home 1st place in the open autocross competition!

Brian Finch took my car for a few spins around the course. He is an incredible driver and gave me some great advice on my setup. Johnny C came out and pulled data on my autox runs, since he wasn't racing his bad *** LS miata. I let Johnny C make a few runs in the GS too!

Scary moment! A cone wedged itself between the block and the headers and began to melt. I thought it was going to catch fire! Luckily I was able to get it free! It was given to me by the people at JetHot as a trophy

Last edited by Ellis Juan; 06-09-2014 at 11:19 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1963 Corvette Grand Sport LS2/T56 Build(Lots of Pics!)