Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

200-4r to T-56 swap. Harness Q

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 02:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Default 200-4r to T-56 swap. Harness Q

Now that the car more or less runs (at least until I start the brake and suspension swap) I've had the chance to drive it around a bit and I can't help but feel like a 6 speed would be more fun. If I don't pick up an ls2/t56 pull out I might just put a t56 behind my ls1.
The mechanical aspects of the swap I pretty much understand from reading build threads but I'm not sure what changes I would have to make to my harness. I'm going to be running a speedhut gps speedo so that isn't an issue, but I don't know what if anything the trans needs to relay to the ecm. VSS perhaps? I can't imagine it being a terribly difficult swap to make but I honestly don't know too much about it. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Old 09-15-2011, 10:52 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I would say at the minimum you should have the VSS and Reverse Lockout hooked up. Also, tune the CAGs out of the PCM.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 09-15-2011, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

The vss I can do; not sure how to get reverse lockout hooked up. Would that require me adding some wires to my harness? I think if I dig up a diagram and know what to look for I can handle it. I'll look into the reverse stuff.
thanks
Old 09-15-2011, 11:26 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Reverse Lockout requires a switched power wire and pinout to Red PCM connector, position 44.

Jon
PSI

www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

Old 09-20-2011, 05:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

The switched power wire, would that come from the ign or the brakes? I know some people hook the reverse lock out to their brakes. I guess I'm just confused on the proper way in which to connect the dots. My wilwood prop valve has a brake switch built into it should that be necessary. What action tells the computer to signal the reverse lockout? By that I mean what action prompts the signal from pin 44?

These are the involved parts as I understand them, but the way to connect them properly escapes me.

Last edited by chuckd71; 09-20-2011 at 06:31 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:33 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Reverse Lockout should only be a function of Vehicle Speed. Brake Switch should still be hooked up though via PCM Blue Connector 33, so engine knows when brake is being applied.

Jon
PSI

www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

Old 09-20-2011, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Okay, so brake-pcm-reverse lock out. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

No, nothing to do with the Brake Pedal.

Rev Lockout: 12v on one side, PCM RED 44 on the other. The PCM grounds it and makes it function when you go under 3mph, or whatever you want to set it at in the PCM.

And the Brake Switch does nothing on PCM BLUE 33 with a Standard..that is the 12V input to the PCM to enable/disable TCC Lockup. Basically when you hit the Brake it unlocks the Convertor.

That's how it is on a F-body anyways..
Old 09-20-2011, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hmm. I guess what I meant was I will make sure there is a connection between the brake switch and 33 so as psi said the engine knows I'm braking.
What I am not sure of at this point is how the engine knows I'm going the 3mph or whatever. I'm guessing the vss would tell it, but until just this second I wasn't sure how the vss would hook up. This answered that I think - https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...connector.html
The wires for VSS in my harness are black and grey, and I had to cut the plug off the end to wire it up with the dakota digital mech speedo vss unit. Would the black wire be the one toward the front or rear of the car?
PCM ground clears things up a bit, I was wondering how the ground would factor into all this and I think that was a large part of my confusion.
Sorry for so many questions and thanks for the responses so far.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

VSS Signal in is what tells the PCM how fast you are going. You need this Input to the PCM with the LS1 if you are staying EFI..carb wont matter.

That pic is correct..VSS is the black one, right above it is the Rev. Lockout Solenoid.

The Brake switch does not matter for **** with a T56..that is for an Auto..it is to unlock the TCC when you hit the Brakes.

As far as what you are working with I've never dealt with one first hand, I'd have to see it to tell ya how to wire it.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Chuck are you going to try and split the signal on the vss to feed your dakota as well as the PCM?

Jon
PSI

www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

Quick Reply: 200-4r to T-56 swap. Harness Q