Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more dry starts

Old 09-18-2011, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default No more dry starts

I was getting ready to start my project and contemplating the fact that the motor had been sitting quite a while and had probably lost some of it's assembly lube. The thought of having to pump through several feet of -10AN hose and an oil cooler was a concern.

As this period of contemplation was itself lubricated by several malted beverages , the spare parts bin became a point of interest.

The attached photos show the outcome .......
Attached Thumbnails No more dry starts-primer.jpg   No more dry starts-primer_pump.jpg   No more dry starts-primer_pickup.jpg   No more dry starts-primer_gauge.jpg  
Old 09-18-2011, 04:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where were you planning to hook it to the block?

Dave
Old 09-18-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BanditDave
Where were you planning to hook it to the block?

Dave
Probably the best place would be the plug at the front of the oil gallery. Use one of the metric to 1/8" npt adapters with a -6an male to 1/8" npt male. That would do the whole system but some would drain back when the fitting was removed.

You could probably use the fitting at the rear of the valley cover but I'm not sure about getting it through the filter and back to the pump.

I used the fitting in the top of my remote filter mount. It's for an Accusump that I'll be installing later on.

It was first primed towards the cooler and return line first until the mechanical gauge fed from the valley cover registered about 35 lbs.

It was then primed back towards the pump and side gallery via an -AN6 male to -10AN male adapter installed in the feed line.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No more dry starts