Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using a C6 cluster in swap projects?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 10:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Using a C6 cluster in swap projects?

Eventually putting an LS3/L92 motor in my mustang. I currently have a full autometer setup. The easy way would be re-use these gauges, but thats too easy! I want a more modern gauge set. Providing that i make a custom bezel and mounting setup for the cluster to fit in the dash, is there a known way to wire up the cluster?

My guess is you hook it up to the class 2 data line and it lights up like a xmas tree and flashes a million messages for all the modules that arent connected via the DIC.

I think I already know my answer, that this setup isn't feasible. If so, I may bite the bullet and go with the autometer nexus gauges. I guess I wont know the answer until the question is asked...
Old 09-29-2011, 10:13 AM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

anything is possible, depending on skill and how much effort youre willing to put in. Biggest deal breaker for me was, you'd have to run two sending units like a vette for the fuel level gauge to work.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I think the guy who put a GTO interior into his firebird kept the gto cluster. Maybe it would be similar to that.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Default cluster

Originally Posted by chuckd71
I think the guy who put a GTO interior into his firebird kept the gto cluster. Maybe it would be similar to that.
Check kwizz'es build thread for the 36 Ford he did, he used a GTO cluster and made most if not all of it work with help from John at Speartech. H may have had issues with the ABS or traction control warnings, been awhile since the did the build, but it was interesting and answered a lot of questions..
Old 09-30-2011, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 167 Likes on 97 Posts

I've got the GTO module working in the 37........everything works as factory.....the only issue is the ABS fault that comes up.......Still haven't resolved that issue (Don't even notice it anymore....LOL)........Even the rest reminder comes on after two hours....LOL

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...2-install.html

Ken
Old 10-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Staging Lane

It's possible and fairly easy. I did it in my chevelle. You need to use the bcm and there are error messages from the other missing modules but everything is functional.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

post more pixs of the chevelle guages please
Old 08-27-2017, 07:17 PM
Teching In

Bringing an old thread back to life. Really like that C6 cluster, and just bought one to attempt to figure this out, but thought I would see if there was anyone out there that could short cut this for me.

Anyone pulled this off successfully and willing to give some tips on how best to go about this?
Old 11-09-2017, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zero1Niner
Bringing an old thread back to life. Really like that C6 cluster, and just bought one to attempt to figure this out, but thought I would see if there was anyone out there that could short cut this for me.

Anyone pulled this off successfully and willing to give some tips on how best to go about this?
have you made any progress ? I was wanting to swap in a c6 cluster in my ls3 rx7 fd

Quick Reply: Using a C6 cluster in swap projects?