Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engine swap

I am going to go out on a limb here and install a 5.3 ltr out of a yukon nto a convertable............mustang

has anyone attempted this type of project, if so can you post up pics or info top help, as i am putting this in a late 80's fox body

i know i am going to get bashed for this one but i am willing to take it as i love challenges and i have desicrated a mopar before but now its time for a ford and i want to race

when i finish project 5.3 in the spring it will be a fi 600 rwhp natural asperation engine

dave
Old 10-01-2011, 09:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lemkerailroad
I am going to go out on a limb here and install a 5.3 ltr out of a yukon nto a convertable............mustang

has anyone attempted this type of project, if so can you post up pics or info top help, as i am putting this in a late 80's fox body

i know i am going to get bashed for this one but i am willing to take it as i love challenges and i have desicrated a mopar before but now its time for a ford and i want to race

when i finish project 5.3 in the spring it will be a fi 600 rwhp natural asperation engine

dave

there are many, many, many people who have done this swap. you're not gonna get bashed here, this group is all guilty of swapping an LS motor into something different. good luck with the project. using the search feature should provide you with several dozen hours of topics to read up on.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

have fun getting 600 hp at the wheels with 325 cubic inches you will have 35000 into the motor
Old 10-01-2011, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by orange88ls1s-dime
have fun getting 600 hp at the wheels with 325 cubic inches you will have 35000 into the motor
it should be pretty easy to do

i have a full machine shop at my disposal.......meaning no charge

i know trans is the biggest robber of hp..........i need to know if a turbo 350 will bolt or even a 2 speed glide
Old 10-02-2011, 08:44 AM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by lemkerailroad
it should be pretty easy to do

i have a full machine shop at my disposal.......meaning no charge

i know trans is the biggest robber of hp..........i need to know if a turbo 350 will bolt or even a 2 speed glide
yes th350 will work i have one in my 5.3 S10

Machining is only a small part of the engine build
to get 600 hp to the wheels means about 720 at flywheel
325 cubes will need 14:1 Comp ratio
650 lift roller cam(at least)
full CNC heads and 8500 RPM capability(no more powdered metal rods)
oh ya no more pump gas either youll need 112 octane at least
also on an N.A. motor with that kind of power the exhaust system will need to be a "BEAUDACIOUS" exhaust to promote pro stock like scavenging
im not bashing im just pointing a few things out that might hold your goal out of reach
Old 06-30-2014, 03:55 AM
Teching In

Default Almost the same

I have bought a 2003 5.3 Yukon engine,a 4L60 transmission, wiring harness and the computer to also install in a Fox body Mustang and will probably install a cam to maybe make 300 BHP.
Is there a link that will give a step by step procedure for this change including any pitfalls I might encounter?
Thanks

Quick Reply: Engine swap