Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the LS1-39 is movin down the road again

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy the LS1-39 is movin down the road again

Well, finally after 3yrs my chopped 39 Ford sedan is on the road again. Got it running "sort of" in early August in a 2 month long thrash to make it to the "Vintiques" rod run in Yakima ,WA but had no oil pressure so I had to leave it home...aagh. Lotsa late nights throwin time and cash at it only to leave it home. Got back, pulled the pan & front cover. Found nothing so I filled the pump w/grease & pressure-primed the bearings w/oil & it worked. I drove it a little but sinceI had added a cam, headers & intake I desperately needed a tune. Got that done by a guy we'll call TW-Z & it runs sweet !
Idles at 600, gets somewhere in the 23mpg area & 12.27@111 so far in the 1/4.
I gotta say it is all I had hoped for when I swapped the LS1 in for the 406sbc. It is a lotta fun to drive.
So far I have American Speed 1 7/8 Lt's, 226deg/.598 on 113 cam & Edelbrock Pro-Flo intake w/90mm LS3 t-body. Definitely ready for a set of CNC'd heads. Bummer is that I have the CNC's but no data to cut to ! Maybe a twin turbo 6.0 for my 53 Stude next !!
Attached Thumbnails the LS1-39 is movin down the road again-finished-engine.jpg   the LS1-39 is movin down the road again-rearside.jpg  

Last edited by kustomtool; 10-02-2011 at 09:02 PM. Reason: add pics