Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Classic Performance Products

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about Classic Performance Products

Does anyone know about Classic Performance Products? I'm building a 71 Chevelle with an ls eng. and want to do pro touring suspension. I've been looking at suspension stuff from umi but stumbled across this company and wanted to know if anyone could give me feedback on their product.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

I have used some Of their products but not suspension products, what I have used I was very happy with
Old 10-16-2011, 09:42 PM
Launching!

I purchased their complete 4 wheel disk brake set up for my 62 Biscayne. The stuff is all gm parts, instructions looked like photo copies of photo copies, so not that clear. Some of the brackets and lines weren't bent to the proper angles. It's a o.k. kit, but if I had to do it again, I would spend a few extra dollars and get a baer set-up.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:39 AM
On The Tree

I have ordered a few things through them. They seem to be a good company. I can't speak directly to their suspension pieces though.

I would suggest going over to Chevelles.com and looking at some of the reviews and pro-touring setups people have. I know there are a couple really nice companies out there producing good quality stuff.

One of the things you really need to watch on a Chevelle is the geometry of the front suspension. Many companies cater to the pro-touring market by offering tubular control arms...but they just mimic the factory geometry...you really aren't gaining anything. Do your research, and do yourself a favor. Get a setup that improves the factory geometry and eliminate the camber gain that is common on these cars.

Troy
Old 10-17-2011, 10:11 AM
TECH Resident

I am using their 4 wheel brake kit very happy. Also running there 500 series steering gear box. Certainly higher end brake systems out there if you have the budget. I would highly recommend SC&C for suspension set up.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rlgood
Does anyone know about Classic Performance Products? I'm building a 71 Chevelle with an ls eng. and want to do pro touring suspension. I've been looking at suspension stuff from umi but stumbled across this company and wanted to know if anyone could give me feedback on their product.
CPP seems like a very reputable company. The only thing I have seen with there upper front A-arms is I do not think they add more positive caster in their design. I have heard of customers only being able to acheive around 3 degrees of positive caster with their upper A-arms. For a pro-touring set up I would recommend around +6 degrees of caster and a set of tall ball joints to correct the vehicles geometry. Also I don't know who is making the CPP items, I don't think CPP is a manufacturer, I think they are purchasing other brand items and labeling as their own products.

Here at UMI we design, manufacture and test all our products right here in one building. We do not label other brands as ours and we have hands on experience with every product we produce and vehicle it fits. This allows us to control our quality and produce high quality items. I attached a few pictures to show our test mule on the slalom and running a durability course.

Feel free to contact us and we would be glad to help.

What items are you looking at replacing? We would be glad to help you with a set up.

Thank you!
Ryan
Attached Thumbnails Question about Classic Performance Products-track-1.jpg   Question about Classic Performance Products-track-2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Question about Classic Performance Products