Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few enhancements to the Lincoln LS

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A few enhancements to the Lincoln LS

I recently purchased a 2002 Lincoln LS from a forum member that has an LS1 and T56 swap over from an 02 Trans Am a couple years back. The car runs great, is a blast to drive and I am very happy with my purchase. Like most of you though, I will never stop modding anything I own.

For those of you unfamiliar with the car, it started life as a Lincoln LS V8 with around 100K on the car. Now it is what I like to call the Lincoln LSX. My wife calls it "Frankenstein"

I purchased the car with a Thunder Racing TRAK camshaft, Patriot Gold Springs, 3" true dual exhaust from the stock manifolds back thru 2 Magnaflow Mufflers, a short shifter and a 2004 Pontiac GTO stock air intake assembly. Because it was an 02 Trans Am, it came with the LS6 intake manifold. It dynoed 365 RWHP a couple months back with the previous owner. It has a lot of top end but not much low end so I'm working on that.

http://youtu.be/vRvv3DJlah8

The primary reason that I was shopping for a new car was because my wife was 8 1/2 months pregnant and all we had was her 06 Nissan Altima, my old 02 Land Rover Discovery II and my 07 Z06. The Land Rover was a mechanical basket case so I sold her and got permission from the wife to buy another F-body or GTO so that my son could ride with us. It was to be a cash only purchase so I had to stay within budget. Additionally, I am PCS'ing to Germany in February and so I needed to quiet down my new purchase and make it more baby friendly. My beautiful wife gave birth to my first born, Jaxon Scott on October 30th, this car was because of him. For all you fathers out there, you know just how much I love him.

I stumbled across the Lincoln here and it was only 90 miles away! Here are some pictures of what I've been up to the last couple days since my Son came home. New exhaust will replace the 3" with a 2.5" set up including 2 Hi-Flo Magnaflow Cats, Powersticks and new bullet Magnaflow Mufflers. Gotta quiet it down for my newborn and improve low-end.

The beautiful LS powered Lincoln

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ported and Powdercoated Stock TB and MAF ends by 408 Trans Am - Wonderful to work with BTW.

Bought a used New Era Performance C.A.I. from Larry @ AMS off of his 2004 GTO to replace the stock 2004 GTO air assembly. Replaced the TB silicone with one off of eBay as I am going with a Blue/Black/Gray theme. Additionally, this eBay silicone 90 degree bend gave me better clearance than the silicone the C.A.I. came with which rubbed the fan. New Silver Generic K&N from O'Reilly Autoparts.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BBK Shortie Headers to replace the stock manifolds. No way a long or mid length would fit without serious modification.

You can see my clearance issues. I had to have the flange cut off and a 6" extension welded on to clear on the driver side.

Smog Block Off Plates by HawksThirdGen

I cleaned up the Valve Covers and well, the whole engine as best I could too. I plan on getting some new blue wires to complement my new TR55 plugs and have 408 Trans Am powdercoat my Valve Covers and Coil Rails. After that, I'll be looking into replacing the Cam and Heads before I ship the car to Germany in January.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Such a great car, too bad ford couldn't get it right.

Looking great.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Classy.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

very impressed . great conversion.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

clean lsx.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Amazingly clean... always loved the look of this style Lincoln, and now it has a peppy heart!
Old 11-04-2011, 05:07 PM
TECH Addict

nifty, all the guages and everything work?
Old 11-04-2011, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We need some more pics!! Ive always liked the Lincoln, but with LS power, its that much better!!
Old 11-05-2011, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Some cold rainy weather has moved in but I'll be finishing up the install this week and post some good pictures. Guages are not factory, but work. A/C, heat, power everything, lumbar, the works!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:36 AM
Teching In

Are those Audi wheels on the car? They look almost like the wheels from an A5....
Old 11-05-2011, 07:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blade Runner
Are those Audi wheels on the car? They look almost like the wheels from an A5....
Volvo XC90
Old 11-05-2011, 07:26 AM
12 Second Club

Very cool.

More pics
Old 11-05-2011, 09:36 AM
On The Tree

wow, that is an awesome car!! Congrats on the baby and you made a great decision on the car.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

That's awesome as hell. Too. I wonder if I could have that in ny. We have a plug in obd2 test.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice car. Congrats on the new son. I am looking foward to finding out what my baby is. (only 10 weeks so far)

I work as a mechanic in a local garage. And see these LS's come in and say it could be better. This swap is such an upgrade over the stock 3.9/5speed auto. Very nive ride.

Good luck with both the newborn and the car. And stay safe no matter where you go when you leave home.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well she runs again after the header/CAI/TB install but poorly with just the shorties bolted up. I Will be towing her to the Exhaust shop tomorrow to get the 2.5" X TD exhaust bolted up. Still haven't gotten any tips though. Thinking black or black chrome but damn are they expensive. Probably have her tuned and re-dynoed within 2 weeks. I'll keep this thread going on it as I get things done. Thank you for all the kind words.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

awesome car and congrats on the little dude!

While i was working on one of these the other day, i thought about an ls swap in an ls lol. I heard those cars are pretty quick with the factory v8, but i like the chevy motor better I thought those bullet mufflers were loud as all hell... maybe i heard wrong. Or i might be thinking of dynomax bullets.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 3xbrowncutty
awesome car and congrats on the little dude!

While i was working on one of these the other day, i thought about an ls swap in an ls lol. I heard those cars are pretty quick with the factory v8, but i like the chevy motor better I thought those bullet mufflers were loud as all hell... maybe i heard wrong. Or i might be thinking of dynomax bullets.
Well the Magnaflow's are quieter than the Dynomax bullets. They are a bit longer than the Dynomax bullets as well. I was going to go Borla but at twice the price for the same DB levels I went Magnaflow. The Hi-Flow Cats and 20" Resonators in the 2 I pipes kill the Rasp and quiet it down nicely!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:36 AM
rao
TECH Resident

Nice swap. I always thought those would make a good platform for a swap.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Teching In

those things are all over cheap, such a great car in need of good power plants. the stock motors all suck.

Quick Reply: A few enhancements to the Lincoln LS