Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about a LSx swap into a 63 Chevy II Coupe

Old 11-07-2011, 07:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Thinking about a LSx swap into a 63 Chevy II Coupe

I have a 63 Nova coupe that I have completely taken apart. I picked up a 5.3 and a 5spd. I am thinking I would like to put these 3 parts together and make a fun driver that runs well,handles well. Something to maybe run cones on a weekend and still be able to drive it daily.
How much of a problem is it to put a LSx into these cars? Has anyone got experience doing it? Can I use the stock fuel tank or is it better to change it out. I was thinking of using Holly's new fuel pump that can be run externally.
I also have a 5 spd trans with the flyweel and clutch that will bolt up to the LS engine. I have 2 ways I could go with on the pedal setup. i have a stock Chevy II pedal setup from a 62 wagon or i have a dual Wilwood pedal setup that uses Wilwood master cylinders under the dash. Which would you use? Is there a special place to put a build thread or is this the right place in the forum? thanks jim
Old 11-08-2011, 03:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Talk to Chuck Church at Church Boys Racing. He is active on this site and specializes in early Nova swaps.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 11-09-2011, 08:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the lsx swaps are popular, there are issues with oil pan and headers. If you run a bolt on clip from tci or something of that nature you will gain lots of clearence and headers are easy to find. Then you will be able to us popular fbody oil pans. lsx engines in stock clips and steering with mechanical clutches will need holden oil pan and custom headers both can be pricey. I am doing this swap on my 62 post car. Are you running a hydraulic clutch?

Search this Thread