Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 Crate into a 93-97 F-Body

Old 11-18-2011, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS3 Crate into a 93-97 F-Body

Okay guys I have a couple of questions and was hoping you guys can help me out. I have a 95 TA with a 383 LT1 and I am looking at swapping out the motor for a LS3 crate motor that I plan on buying from one of our vendors here.

The question I have is when you buy the crate motor it already has all the front acc's already on it so will this drop in an F-body with no problem? Also after reading Merv's install I cant understand why he had to run a corvette filter and regulator. I already have Lonnies bracket and a Walbro FP. I wanted to run the same setup and simply run a Areomotive FPR instead.

Setup will be as followed;
LS3 crate motor (looking at another cam possibly MAST)
Umi K-member
Kooks long Tube Headers (Have)
Kooks Dual Exhaust (Have)
Wiring Harness (Going to talk to Mike over at EFI Connections and see if he can make me one)

Thanks in advance for any input. I'm currently deployed but plan to have this finished up before I redeploy so I can ship it to Germany. (Tired of these Audi's and BMW's ruling the road)

Last edited by Ponch95; 11-18-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,386 Likes on 875 Posts

Originally Posted by Ponch95
Okay guys I have a couple of questions and was hoping you guys can help me out. I have a 95 TA with a 383 LT1 and I am looking at swapping out the motor for a LS3 crate motor that I plan on buying from one of our vendors here.

The question I have is when you buy the crate motor it already has all the front acc's already on it so will this drop in an F-body with no problem? Also after reading Merv's install I cant understand why he had to run a corvette filter and regulator. I already have Lonnies bracket and a Walbro FP. I wanted to run the same setup and simply run a Areomotive FPR instead.

Setup will be as followed;
LS3 crate motor (looking at another cam possibly MAST)
Umi K-member
Kooks long Tube Headers (Have)
Kooks Dual Exhaust (Have)
Wiring Harness (Going to talk to Mike over at EFI Connections and see if he can make me one)

Thanks in advance for any input. I'm currently deployed but plan to have this finished up before I redeploy so I can ship it to Germany. (Tired of these Audi's and BMW's ruling the road)
You can run an Aeromotive FPR. Most people use the Vette filter/FPR combo because it is cheap. On a previous RX7 build I used the Aeromotive and it worked fine. Run a line to the FPR side, then out the other side to the fuel rail, and the return comes out of the bottom fitting and back to the tank.

Andrew
Old 11-18-2011, 12:22 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Were you planning on running aftermarket rails or stock? If stock, and you dont need a boosted signal or adjustability, the Corvette setup may be easier as you only have to run one light to the engine.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 11-18-2011, 12:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by psiconversion
Were you planning on running aftermarket rails or stock? If stock, and you dont need a boosted signal or adjustability, the Corvette setup may be easier as you only have to run one light to the engine.

Jon
PSI
As of right now I plan on running stock rails, I already have a AN8 intake line and an AN6 return all the way from the motor to the tank.

Also Jon I have been watching your stuff on FB's you guys doe Wiring Harnesses like this? Electrical is not my thing I need something almost idiot-proof.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:28 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes we have a harness that will work for your application. Give us a call to discuss specifics.

Jon
PSI
732-691-6531

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 11-19-2011, 03:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks I will, what I am worried about is the front accessories fitting in the engine bay AC / ALT etc.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS3 Crate into a 93-97 F-Body