Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Electronic Throttle pedal not working

Old 11-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help Electronic Throttle pedal not working

Hello, I am having a DBW issue...
I installed an ECM and harness from an 03 Escalade onto a Rockcrawler Jeep, the original ETC pedal and TAC did not work, I used another Pedal and TAC and it worked but only for a few seconds.
The engine starts and responds to the pedal correctly, but then after a few "pumps" of the pedal it stops responding. I turn off the ignition and the cycle repeats, it responds for a few seconds and dies again...
The engine idles sort of fine -I haven´t tuned it yet- but then when the ETC stops responding it begins to miss and RPM drops down.
I get a P1518 code which says ETC to PCM comunication...
Any ideas?
Thanks
Old 11-30-2011, 11:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

the TAC and Pedal Assy have to match what it was removed from.

I was driving my car and it just went to a low idle and would never respond regardless of what i did. I tracked down a million things. It ended up being the TAC Module.

Start with the Correct TAC Module and Pedal Assy. and TAC To pedal harness.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks,
Now, how can I know where the TACs and Pedals came from? What I mean is that these engines are junkyard resourced, and by now it would be nearly impossible to locate the original components.
Is there a way to likn these together a la link VATS fashion?
I have other two sets of Pedals/TACs, and one of the pedals works for a while only, while the original does not.
I almost feels as if the ECM were cutting them off, can it be the throttle body assy?
I also have a couple of these, It does not hurt to test it while I get more light in this matter
Tanks again
Rat Chevelle
Old 11-30-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

First off, check the wiring between the TAC and pedal. Make sure it's engine 5.3 vs 6.0, and type specific, ie LQ4 vs LQ9. There are subtle differences between model.
There were also adjustable vs non-adjustable truck pedals. I know others have encountered issues with interchanging the.
List part numbers here for the ecu, TAC, and pedal (or APPS). Someone might see a mismatch issue.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by garys 68
First off, check the wiring between the TAC and pedal. Make sure it's engine 5.3 vs 6.0, and type specific, ie LQ4 vs LQ9. There are subtle differences between model.
There were also adjustable vs non-adjustable truck pedals. I know others have encountered issues with interchanging the.
List part numbers here for the ecu, TAC, and pedal (or APPS). Someone might see a mismatch issue.

The TAC on most of those are the same, But on the 03 Escalade would have had the motorized pedal assy.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know how much of a rush you are in... But I do have a harness, TAC module and pedal all from an 03 Escalade that I ran in my car for 6 years.. I'm sure we could cook up a deal.

I'm converting to cable as it is much for feasible to run a 92mm cable TB then to figure out how to run an aftermarket electronic unit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help Electronic Throttle pedal not working