Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

airbrain question of the day!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 02:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airbrain question of the day!

really thinking of ditching my lt1 for a sbc400 but converted to EFI.So will i still be able to use my lt1 wire harness?

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Old 12-16-2011, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boosteddragon
really thinking of ditching my lt1 for a sbc400 but converted to EFI.So will i still be able to use my lt1 wire harness?

THANKS IN ADVANCE
So just so I am understanding you correctly, you want to use your intake off of the LT1 onto the 400sbc? I think the older sbc blocks will not work with the newer LT1 heads, (that is if you plan on using the LT1 intake) also the cam driven optispark will be a problem. Older sbc blocks do not have the provisions for knock sensors either. I am sure with some engineering this can be done but it may get expensive. I would suggest you buy a stroker kit for the LT1 and use the existing components. And/or buy an LS1 wiring harness and convert the LT1 over to coil-near plugs with the tuning capability of the OBDII. I am sure this thread will get alot of attention. Last option but my favorite is just swap over to an LS engine. Best of luck to you!
Old 12-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tsnow678
So just so I am understanding you correctly, you want to use your intake off of the LT1 onto the 400sbc? I think the older sbc blocks will not work with the newer LT1 heads, (that is if you plan on using the LT1 intake) also the cam driven optispark will be a problem. Older sbc blocks do not have the provisions for knock sensors either. I am sure with some engineering this can be done but it may get expensive. I would suggest you buy a stroker kit for the LT1 and use the existing components. And/or buy an LS1 wiring harness and convert the LT1 over to coil-near plugs with the tuning capability of the OBDII. I am sure this thread will get alot of attention. Last option but my favorite is just swap over to an LS engine. Best of luck to you!
greatly appreciated. what I wanted to use was the wiring harness.I have a hurricane plus that im converting into efi I was given it for free. reason for this is I can get a sbc 400 for $250 .40 block with heads/oil pan..and I plan on running my twin 67mm turbos.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Launching!

You could go the tuned port route, my brother loves that set-up he builds and tunes them. I think you'd have to use bigger runners for that set up though. Those units can be bought cheap at salvage yards and the harnesses aren't hard to make. TPI setup is great for low end torque as well.
You can use vortec heads as well, just buy the lower vortec tpi plenum. Best part is SBC parts are extremely cheap!
Old 12-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Adam123
You could go the tuned port route, my brother loves that set-up he builds and tunes them. I think you'd have to use bigger runners for that set up though. Those units can be bought cheap at salvage yards and the harnesses aren't hard to make. TPI setup is great for low end torque as well.
You can use vortec heads as well, just buy the lower vortec tpi plenum. Best part is SBC parts are extremely cheap!
Old 12-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry for the confussion,my wire harness is from my old 97 lt1 Im junking,so it's already 0bd2...Now second part to my question would I be able to use my 0bd2 engine wire harness/pcm...ect to work on a sbc 400 as EFI/TUNNING setup? remember this is a airbrain ?.