Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98' F-Body fan install

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 02:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98' F-Body fan install

I'm using the stock 98' fbody radiator/relay,fuse block/fans/wiring for my swap. I've looked at a bunch of the EFan diagrams but none of them show the "fan thermostat" (mounted on radiator) and where it goes in the config. I have converted my harness to 99' and runnin an 02' PCM with BCM deleted. I want to run the fans pretty much the same config as factory aside from A.C. (not using). Living in Az COOLING is a major problem we have to deal with.

I would also like to run a bigger radiator "stock" setup than the fbody rad/fan but not sure which one to run. I'm sure a truck or Tahoe rad with Efans will be the future setup but any input on which ones with a Th3350/C10?? I AM NOT buying a $500 custom radiator +$250 for fans cause I know there is stock setup somewhere that will work and I can replace forever for $149 at any Autozone if I had to. Any help is much appreciated.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:20 AM
TECH Resident

The LT1 radiators are larger. I've never known these cars to have a "fan thermostat". The only thing I've ever seen mounted on the radiator is the low coolant switch unless it does both jobs but I doubt that.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Teching In

Thanks Rick. Scratch the "fan thermostat", too many beers last night and workin under the cover of darkness. Also my rad was in a pile of crap. I went and looked at it this morning and its mounted IN the radiator itself and not the shroud, like I thought, so thats what it is. Your right.

Hmmm LT1 sounds like it should work. Is it "crossflow" design? Plus there is plenty of people that have done those swaps I can go lurk. Both my trk and the Ls car radiators are bad so my options are open. I would just like to use the Efans from the camaro.

Quick Reply: 98' F-Body fan install