Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Miata need help with the ignition

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 Miata need help with the ignition

ok so i have had the car up and running before, recently pulled the engine out and just put it back in, found a random relay not wired in durring all this, went to start the car now that its all back together with no luck.

how do i wire in the ignition relay? I am getting fuel its cranking no problem but not getting any spark... im guessing this was the ignition relay?

any help will be great!

Thanks guys
Old 12-30-2011, 03:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ignition comes from the PCM. What year PCM do you have? Also, there are 3 fuses that are related, PCM IGN 15A, ENG SEN 20A, PCM BAT 10A. Check that all 3 grounds are attached to the back of the head, as well. Could also be crank or cam sensor, VATS. Unlikely, since it was already running. More likely a ground or one of the fuses. The 20A ENG SEN fuse is the fuse for the IGN relay.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 3 grounds going to the driver side head, i can pull off the crank angle sensor plug and test for voltage if you know what its supposed to read. it is a 2002 camaro ss PCM
Old 12-30-2011, 11:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cgm12mgc
I have 3 grounds going to the driver side head, i can pull off the crank angle sensor plug and test for voltage if you know what its supposed to read. it is a 2002 camaro ss PCM
"Key on" ref voltage to any sensor is 5v. Even though it's noted, would be surprised if it were the crank or cam sensor. Since it had already been running, it's got to be fuse or pinched wiring related to a ground or the IGN circuit. Maybe VATS, but, again it had already been running. So, VATS would have had to have been turned back on in the PCM; unlikely.