Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Wire Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Transmission Wire Questions

So I am doing my first swap, '99 LQ4 with stock harness, into a offroad buggy with a Turbo 400 transmission. I have been following LT1swap.com with pretty good success on getting rid of wires. I have recently discovered I need a VSS generator, which I am ordering from Dakota Digital, so that I don't have ideling issues. My question now is I have a 6 wire connector that connected to the drivers side of the transmission. One of these wires went to ground inside the harness and the other five went to the underhood fuseblock locations: F10, F9, F3, E3, and F11. With descriptions: "F10" Starter Relay Feed-Coil, "F9" Fused Ignition Positive Voltage, "F3" Fused Brake Transmission Shift Interlock Feed, "E3" Transmission Mounted Neutral Switch Output-Park, "F11" Transmission Mounted Neutral Safety Switch Output-Park/Neutral (Auto Transmission).

I assume that these were just safety features to open relays only when the vehicle was in park/neutral and etc. If so I assume that I can just cut them out and not use them. Is this correct? Thanks for any help.

Chase
Old 01-02-2012, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver2000WS-6
So I am doing my first swap, '99 LQ4 with stock harness, into a offroad buggy with a Turbo 400 transmission. I have been following LT1swap.com with pretty good success on getting rid of wires. I have recently discovered I need a VSS generator, which I am ordering from Dakota Digital, so that I don't have ideling issues. My question now is I have a 6 wire connector that connected to the drivers side of the transmission. One of these wires went to ground inside the harness and the other five went to the underhood fuseblock locations: F10, F9, F3, E3, and F11. With descriptions: "F10" Starter Relay Feed-Coil, "F9" Fused Ignition Positive Voltage, "F3" Fused Brake Transmission Shift Interlock Feed, "E3" Transmission Mounted Neutral Switch Output-Park, "F11" Transmission Mounted Neutral Safety Switch Output-Park/Neutral (Auto Transmission).

I assume that these were just safety features to open relays only when the vehicle was in park/neutral and etc. If so I assume that I can just cut them out and not use them. Is this correct? Thanks for any help.

Chase
Yes those all come out, and you completely remove the plug that hooked to the sensor on the side of the trans. That switch did contain park/neutral start safety switch and reverse backup light switch and range sensor signals that went to the PCM.

-Brendan.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by busta9876
Yes those all come out, and you completely remove the plug that hooked to the sensor on the side of the trans. That switch did contain park/neutral start safety switch and reverse backup light switch and range sensor signals that went to the PCM.

-Brendan.
Thanks, for the help.

Quick Reply: Transmission Wire Questions