Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help 81 camaro 5.3 tons of questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help 81 camaro 5.3 tons of questions

Ok im new to the site and to the ls scene looks impressive so far anyway ive got an 81 camaro the motor.is coming from 2005 tahoe with 15000 mi. with 4l60e im getting heads cam ls6 intake but my question is who's the best to call for wiring? And what in the world am I gona do.about a fuel pump I have a fuel cell in car along with sending unit but does anyone make a tank for this car and headers? Who makes stainless headers for 81 camaro ls swap have had coated and they lasted for 2days on sbc. Also what is the best motor mount kit? Have uni crossmember already . Also can I use the wiring from the.tahoe or.aleast the computer and tcm? Im not good with the ls stuff yet but im tryin any help would be awsome and greatly appreciated thanks alot
Old 01-07-2012, 01:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used a walbro inline pump and just bought a cheap regulator. I used the stock return line. I also welded a sump to the bottom of my stock tank to keep a good supply of fuel to the pump.
Speartech did my wiring harness but i used 98 camaro stuff so im not much help with that.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IIRC, the factory truck wiring does not have the most favorable layout of routing wires. You're still going to be into 300.00 if you send it out to be reworked. I recommend this for a harness source. PSIConversion.com John can tell you exactly what you can and can't do, along with recommendations to help you along. Keep searching this section, you'll get tired of reading there is so much.

Quick Reply: Please help 81 camaro 5.3 tons of questions