Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Taurus 2spd electric fan in 69' Camaro w/LS-2

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Taurus 2spd electric fan in 69' Camaro w/LS-2

I am switching over to a 2spd Ford Taurus electric fan in my 69' Camaro conversion. I had Speartech do the wiring conversion and I had him run the wires for 2 fans, which he did and marked them fan 1 and 2. Each set of wires coming from the ECM has 2 wires(blue and white). From what I am told, the Taurus fan can only have power going to one of the power wires at a time(either low or high). I have seen many wiring diagrams for these fans but most of them are either running a switch or a temp sensor. What is the correct way to wire this system up using the computer set temps, and so when the high speed is called up, it drops the low speed power? I have the 2 sets of wires coming from the ECM(2 for low and 2 for high) and 2 relays, a 30amp and 40amp. Thanks in advance. Wiring is not my strongpoint.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Basically just wire in the PCM outputs like they were temp switches. I believe the PCM grounds the signals. IF THAT IS TRUE just run the wires to where this diagram shows the temp switches.

You will save a few bucks if you grabbed the relays off the same donor car that you got the fan from.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Staging Lane

So use only 1 of the legs from the ECM and ground the other?
Old 01-09-2012, 03:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Unfortunately I don't have an ECM (running a carb) so I am not the right guy to ask about ECM wires.

Speartech has excellent customer service, perhaps a quick email to them?
Old 01-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

I called them. They said they have never delt with a dual speed fan. I think I have it figured out. Start the car and see which 2 of the 4 have power when the car is running. Those go to #85. The others are the triggers, those will go to #86. the rest will match the diagram above.

Quick Reply: Ford Taurus 2spd electric fan in 69' Camaro w/LS-2