Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro/Nova PCV routing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Camaro/Nova PCV routing?

Hey guys, I'm getting to the point where I need to start running my vacuum and PCV lines.

Does anyone have a good diagram or walk through on the proper way to route everything? I have a port at the power brake booster, top of intake, rear drivers valve cover, then I THINK passenger side cover and throttle body, back of intake has factory plug. Help me get some vacuum so I can start her up!!

Motor is a lq4.

Also, can I delete the sensor and "tube" the plugs in right above the trottle body? the plug is deleted in my harness.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry i cant help you with the topic at hand.

but quick question

where did you purchase that intake from?
Old 01-17-2012, 10:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SIKHS 5
but quick question

where did you purchase that intake from?
Intake manifold: I shaved it myself and painted it

CAI: It's the stock intake tube from the donor truck, it had like an "expansion chamber" thing on it, I cut that off and patched it. Then got a cheapy filter from the auto parts store that happened to fit my MAF.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:25 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kwnova9
Hey guys, I'm getting to the point where I need to start running my vacuum and PCV lines.

Does anyone have a good diagram or walk through on the proper way to route everything? I have a port at the power brake booster, top of intake, rear drivers valve cover, then I THINK passenger side cover and throttle body, back of intake has factory plug. Help me get some vacuum so I can start her up!!

Motor is a lq4.

Also, can I delete the sensor and "tube" the plugs in right above the trottle body? the plug is deleted in my harness.
The drivers side (left hand) valve cover is where the PCV will go. You will route it around the back of the intake to the vacuum port on the intake behind the throttle body. The right side valve cover port will connect to the top of the throttle body or wherever the port is on the throttle body. The port at the back of the intake, like you said, is the power brake port. The sensor and tube up top is the EGR port and can be blocked of. I think you can buy or fabricate a piece to block this off. You will have to have it deleted out of the PCM if you have not already done it. I hope this helps and I didnt lead you astray.--Tony
Old 01-18-2012, 02:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tsnow678
The drivers side (left hand) valve cover is where the PCV will go. You will route it around the back of the intake to the vacuum port on the intake behind the throttle body. The right side valve cover port will connect to the top of the throttle body or wherever the port is on the throttle body. The port at the back of the intake, like you said, is the power brake port. The sensor and tube up top is the EGR port and can be blocked of. I think you can buy or fabricate a piece to block this off. You will have to have it deleted out of the PCM if you have not already done it. I hope this helps and I didnt lead you astray.--Tony
This is Correct.

Simply
Drivers Side Port To intake behind TB
Pass Side Port to Top of TB.
Large port on intake to Power Brake.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Staging Lane

Ok, thanks for the responses guys!

1.Anyone have a PN# or website to get the LQ4 vacuum port for the power brakes?

2. Do I have to run any check/pcv valves with the power brakes? I believe the PCV stock on the motor is right near(or in) the drivers valve cover...I'm 40mi away from my car currently so can't run out and look lol I have the stock hose for valve cover to TB and valve cover to port above TB.

Quick Reply: Camaro/Nova PCV routing?