Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gbody LS mounts ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Gbody LS mounts ?'s

Is okay to use the frame mounts bolted to the LS block in a g-body like it is in the pic below? Most of the time I see people using the 1" set back adapter plates with the clam shells bolted to them & the frame mounts on the frame of the car. I ran across this pic & it has me wondering if it will work in my car. My frame has been notched to clear the A/C and the notch is where my frame mount used to sit. If I use the frame mount bolted to the block like the pic I posted, will that be ok to have the mounts that are attached to the frame further back or will that cause problems?

Old 01-24-2012, 08:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If it fits, it's not a problem.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:32 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That is not the frame mount bolted to the block. That is a 98-02 f-body engine mount with a custom made lower mount. (The 98-02 Fbodies mount the rubber isolator side to the motor instead of the frame like the g-body).

You can also move the g-body frame mount back on the frame and then make a custom upper mount instead of using the clamshell/adapter combo.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by G-Body
That is not the frame mount bolted to the block. That is a 98-02 f-body engine mount with a custom made lower mount. (The 98-02 Fbodies mount the rubber isolator side to the motor instead of the frame like the g-body).

You can also move the g-body frame mount back on the frame and then make a custom upper mount instead of using the clamshell/adapter combo.
OK I see now! All this time I was thinking that was the frame mount bolted to the block lol. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I was thinking about doing it like the picture above with the LS1 mount on the block but I just checked the prices on those & that changed my mind. I will come out cheaper moving the frame mount back & fabricating a upper mount like you stated above. Thanks for the tip!
Old 01-26-2012, 12:55 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah those LS1 f-body mounts are stupid expensive compared to SBC mounts. I moved the frame mount on the last 2 cars that I did and built the uppers, much more cost effective.

Quick Reply: Gbody LS mounts ?'s