Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LM7 5.3 into 2000 Crown Vic

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LM7 5.3 into 2000 Crown Vic

Vic is getting up there in miles (220k) and developed a lifter tick. I have been doing research and it seems like the 4.6 mounts will bolt up with little modification and a 4l60e/700r4 will drop in with little modification to the tranny cross member. This leaves me with the need for a custom driveshaft, a way to run the speedo, and a way to use the stock cluster for oil pressure and water temp. I want to run a carb but can't find the p/n for the gmpp intake that will use a vac. advance dizzy, does anyone have it handy? Also what valley plate would I need to run?

There are a few people who have done this swap but there is very little info on the web about it and my attempts to contact them have been fruitless. The only thing I am basing most of this research off of is SN-95 Mustang swaps.

This is going to be a long term swap as I still need to gather all the parts and I am on an tight budget as I am only 18. I got a job at O' Reilly's lately so hopefully that will help me out with parts, gaskets, fluids, sensors and what not.

Over all budget is about $2500 so hopefully I can get it done!

Quick Reply: LM7 5.3 into 2000 Crown Vic