Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need helps with radiator transmission cooler fitting

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need helps with radiator transmission cooler fitting

I'm having a hard time trying to come up with a decent transmission cooler line set-up for my 5.3 / 4L60e swap in my 76 camaro.

I am leaning towards making some AN lines to attach the tranny cooling lines to the radiator....right now I am trying to make hard lines work and it's becoming a pain.

I have a 2000 LS1 style radiator for a camaro and a 4L60e with the push to connect fittings.

I have the tranny covered as they make npt to AN adapters, but I am stumped on the radiator side.

I removed this push to connect fitting and don't know the size or style, I do know the size is a hair smaller than a 1/2 npt fitting.

Help??

Old 01-29-2012, 11:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want to screw those back into your radiator, I have a set of fittings that go from push-to-connect to inverted flare. Inverted flare is what you find on most of your straight sections of steel brake line at the auto parts stores. Therefore, you can make up some steel lines pretty quickly and retain the push-to-connect functionality. PM me if you're interested.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,214 Likes on 779 Posts

REALLY old thread back from the dead, and so if someone finds it like me...here's your answer. The threads on the case of a 4l60e are 1/4 NPS...NPS is the lesser known brother of NPT.

NPS= National Pipe Straight
NPT= National Pipe Tapered

The 1/4 NPT will start but could either strip or crack the case. The 1/4 NPS is the proper size.

Quick Reply: Need helps with radiator transmission cooler fitting