Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wont start, please help confirm my wiring

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wont start, please help confirm my wiring

Hey guys I am trying to start my 6.0 for the first time. I have a howell harness and computer. Vats should be off. I have the orange wire to 12 volts all time including while cranking. The pink is to the purple , cranking power only on the ignition switch. I am unsure of this one.
The motor turns over and acts like it wants to start but just wont. The noid light for the injectors lights up upon cranking. I believe I have all grounds hooked up. There were two in the harness and hooked to the back of the head.
The motor sat for 4 years and had a stuck open injector at first. I removed and sprayed the injectors with carb clean. I believe I have fuel as some is dripping from the exhaust.
I have power at the coils, and have not yet pulled a plug to check spark.
Please tell me what to do next.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Teching In

Did your computer come unlocked? Sounds like a security issue.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Teching In

I hate to use this word but I assume so. They put a tune and took all the theft stuff off or were supposed to. If the vats were still working there would be no injector pulse I believe. It seems to pulse fine so I dont think it is the vats. Am I correct in how the vats works.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Teching In

I just had a brief moment of intellect and realized I read the instructions wrong. I hooked the pink power wire to the purple cranking only power wire on the ignition switch. This means there was no power to the coils, etc other than when it was cranking. I now hooked it up to a switched 12 volt power plus cranking power and what do ya know it works.
It's amazing what happens when you REALLY read the instructions. WOOHoo, it finally lives.

Quick Reply: wont start, please help confirm my wiring