Sponsored by:

Maf problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maf problem

Hey guys,

I have an LQ4/T56 combo in my 69 Camaro, Its throwing a p0102 which is low voltage from the maf. I put my multimeter on the plug and its getting 7 volts rather then 12. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tom
Old 02-09-2012, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

Were you backprobing the connector with it plugged in? Or testing with it unplugged?

I don't have a wiring diagram handy right now, but possibly the reference voltage that feeds your MAF also feed other sensors and one of those could be bad.
If your MAF reference voltage comes is by itself, you need to check at the source.

Also, try piercing the wire 3-4 inches away from the connector and testing again. Could be bad connector.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Resident

I'm assuming you probed the pink wire coming into the MAF with it unplugged? If you only have 7 volts there, you have a corroded connector, broken/cracked wire feeding the plug, or possibly a loose connector for the ENG1 fuse holder. You can try running a temporary jumper from the fuse to bypass the harness and connector to see if the code returns.

I'm not entirely sure what else is powered by that fuse, as all my documentation pertains to my stripped down harness that only has the MAF left on that circuit. If it powers something else, check for shorts and such there as well.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Default maf

Hey guys turns out the ground was bad.

Thanks
Tom
Old 04-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Teching In

I had the same problem. A wire melted on the exhaust and blew the ENG DEVICES fuse. I fixed the wire and replaced the fuse-good as new. Everyone's advice and input was very helpful.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WVUSierraC3
Hey guys turns out the ground was bad.

Thanks
Tom
I had that code, a few others and driveability issues and it was all ground circuit related...... Will be the first place I look anymore.....

Quick Reply: Maf problem