Sponsored by:

MICO, my soon to be ly6 powered cobra

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 03:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MICO, my soon to be ly6 powered cobra

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

this is "MICO" , my 95 cobra, i bought the car a little over a year ago with 90k on it and a 396" windsor it was making approx 400 rwhp through a 5 speed, since then i had bought to LS1 cars and loved them and i have always been a chevy guy but mustangs are a dime a dozen around here to build so being poor i had a few of them lol. after i broke a lifter in the 396 i decided to pull it and start the lsx swap, by start, i mean i have started gathering parts, once i have all parts i will start assembly but not til then or i will get anxious and half *** something.

The plan:

ly6 ( still need) but have money set aside for just want everything else before hand

carbed, hopefully buying my intake and msd 6012 this weekend

Team Z swap front end, hopefull it will be here by monday

TH350 trans, have one laying around that has a shift kit in it, it will do for now

4000-5000 stall, undecided on final stall speed, i may want to spray it??

tsp 231/236 cam if you have one i want to buy it

aje cross member

prosystems carb later on, i'll throw my brothers eddy 750 on for start up purposes

moroso electric water pump

flaming river manual steering ( hopefully be here next week)

as much lightening as possible with full interior minus rear seat no heat, no a/c no air bags etc, shooting for ~3000 lbs with out me in it

coilovers all around, i want to keep the car slammed and dead hook on 17's

cobra r wheels all around narrowing fronts, m/t 26-11.50/17 rears

im hoping to break into the 10s with this on motor and 9s on spray later on

well i hope you all enjoy

i will post pics as parts arrive and i start work, i just wanted to post a pic of the ride and give a few details
Old 02-19-2012, 09:16 PM
10 Second Club

damn nobody cares that im doing an lsx swap sn95, not even 1 comment or question or anything? i do have questions about the stall, im thinking at least a 4k stall but im not skeered of going big, i will have license plates on the car but this will be a drag car that will have plates to drive it across town on sundays and thats about it, (town is 1mile long) so 99% drag, 1% street, so whatever converter i buy will have an anti-balloon plate in it, and it will primarily be n/a, but i might eventually want to run a 100-150-maybe even 200hp hit would i kill the car with a 5k converter trying to spray n2o through 5k stall?
Old 02-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Teching In

I think its sweet
Old 02-22-2012, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Nice Cobra, how cheap are mustangs in your area? Not so cheap in Ohio.

Thanks.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:51 AM
Teching In

make any progress on this build?
Old 03-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Teching In

im doing my swap in a 90gt at the moment
Old 03-22-2012, 11:05 PM
10 Second Club

No real progress on the build yet, just parts gathering, so far i have the team z k member kit, hardware kit, flaming river rack and shaft, strange coil over kit, msd 6ls2 (6012), gmpp single plane (L92) th350 trans, still need to get cc plates, fbody oil pan, and camshaft, then i will get the motor, i dont want to get the motor before my other "main" parts or i will rush the project and not be happy with the end result. right now i just switched jobs and im working 50+ hours a week so no time with a wife and a 1 year old.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:56 AM
Launching!

good luck getting it to dead hook with it being lowered. if the car is 99% drag why would you no put drag suspension on it? and your cobra rims are very heavy.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:27 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by trav-tech
good luck getting it to dead hook with it being lowered. if the car is 99% drag why would you no put drag suspension on it? and your cobra rims are very heavy.
cobra wheels are not much heavier than a cheap set of big/littles, and if you read on suspension and talk to people like Dave from team z suspension geometry gets better in the rear on a lowered mustang. and it is on lowering springs currently, but will be on coil overs with drag rate springs and no front sway bar and strange 10 ways all around, yes it will take some suspension tuning but it WILL HOOK!!!, also front rims are being narrowed, down to 5" so they will be on a diet
Old 03-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Launching!

thats cool i didnt understand by the little that you wrote on suspension that were going to run the team z setup.. it is a very good product. im getting 1.32's out of my fox with daves suspension. what 60' times you shooting for?

Quick Reply: MICO, my soon to be ly6 powered cobra