Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

66 chevy II power brake booster info

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 08:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 66 chevy II power brake booster info

I am mocking up my 66ss ls1,six speed chevy II.I plan to run four wheel disc brakes and would like to run power brakes but it will be very tight on the booster.7 inch is probably the biggest that might work now.Classic has a bracket that will move the booster over and up that might get a 9 inch on there.Anyone have any experince with the new electric type boosters?This looks like a great solution except for the cost,what looking I've done they are $11-1200.00.Any more cost efective solutions out there? Hydra boost works good except when you kill the motor you almost have no brakes.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Im not mistaken i think they make a 90*degree under dash mount brake booster kit? Also what about doing a Willwood under dash swing arm brake set up? Just a thought

http://www.performanceonline.com/UNI...EES-UNDER-DASH
Old 02-18-2012, 10:31 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Build-it-Break-it
If Im not mistaken i think they make a 90*degree under dash mount brake booster kit? Also what about doing a Willwood under dash swing arm brake set up? Just a thought

http://www.performanceonline.com/UNI...EES-UNDER-DASH
Thanks for the info,I never knew they made such an animal.I don't think I would have room for it under the dash of the chevyII though.Thats the kind of info I need though ,looking for ideas.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just to let you know that I have a 68 Nova that I have converted to hydraboost brakes and can get at least 3 good brake applications after the engine is turned off. The OEMS had to have this feature built into their systems just as a safety precaution. All hydraboosts have an accumulator which stores energy allowing multiple stops after engine stall.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Where is your engine located? With CBR mount plates a stock Nova 9 inch booster fits nicely with center bolt style valve covers
Attached Thumbnails 66 chevy II power brake booster info-dsc03887.jpg  
Old 02-19-2012, 08:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nova 404
Where is your engine located? With CBR mount plates a stock Nova 9 inch booster fits nicely with center bolt style valve covers
Thats great news,I have stainless works headers and matching plates(cbr) so mabye I am ok.Looks like your booster sits closer to the firewall than I thought it would.What kind of booster/master cyl.do you have?Cpp looks like about the best deal,$299 for booster,master and valve for disc/disc setup.I will be happy if a 9 inch booster will clear the coil packs.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:54 AM
On The Tree

The booster is from Right Stuff but likely the same as CPP's.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Staging Lane

The Right Stuff is the place to purchase it!
Old 02-20-2012, 09:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Lots of new cars have electric power steering pumps. I know older stuff like Fiero and MR2 did also. If you could hook one of those up to a hydraboost not only would it solve the brake issue with the engine off but it would save a good bit of drag on the motor.

Quick Reply: 66 chevy II power brake booster info