Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

67 A- Body swap. Anyone use this Holley Hi - Ram set up? Hood clearance?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 67 A- Body swap. Anyone use this Holley Hi - Ram set up? Hood clearance?

Curious as to just how much clearance if any this Holley has in a 64-70 A-Body swap. Looks like a cool piece not too bad on price, perfect for my turbo set up. Let me know. Thanks in advance

Tony

Old 02-23-2012, 07:26 AM
Staging Lane

Hello Tony,

I bought one and tried to make it fit my 66 Pontiac LeMans. It was over the hood line by 2 inches. The problem is they moved the highest point of that intake forward so much that you would have to have a cowl hood to make it work.

I returned it... I should've taken a picture of it first. But it's a very nice peice.

Steve
Old 03-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Not A Z
Hello Tony,

I bought one and tried to make it fit my 66 Pontiac LeMans. It was over the hood line by 2 inches. The problem is they moved the highest point of that intake forward so much that you would have to have a cowl hood to make it work.

I returned it... I should've taken a picture of it first. But it's a very nice peice.

Steve
Thanks man I appreciate the info
Old 03-02-2012, 05:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

What if you would have put it on backwards...
Old 03-02-2012, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm surprised, It doesn't look like it would be any higher than the stock truck manifold. I have about 1" clearance between the stock hood and the "Vortec" Engine cover.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FatfreeGTO
What if you would have put it on backwards...
Backwords it might've just cleared. But since I an doing a turbo setup I wouldn't have had anywhere to run my piping to. With the throttle body on it I only had 3 inches to the firewall.

Originally Posted by 99VetteFRC
I'm surprised, It doesn't look like it would be any higher than the stock truck manifold. I have about 1" clearance between the stock hood and the "Vortec" Engine cover.

The thing to remember is they moved the highest point of the intake forward about 8-10 inches from the center of the engine. The way these cars slope in the front sheetmetal the underhood area gets tighter the closer you get to the front of the car fast.

Quick Reply: 67 A- Body swap. Anyone use this Holley Hi - Ram set up? Hood clearance?