Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body wiring harness options on a swap?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body wiring harness options on a swap?

So i'm getting close to getting my fox project running and one thing i've been dreading is the body wiring harness. I have a PSI engine harness coming for the motor and thats a cakewalk compared to the mess i have under my dash.

I dont need all this BS and all i really want to run are the basics for a street car (horn, cig lighter, radio ignition, fan, heat, dome light, brakes, wipers,hazard, headlights, turn signals)

I'm not using the fox gauges since i'm going with all pod gauges made into a plate going in the stock location

Has anyone had any experience with a motor swap and what i'm going through? I found a website that deals with this but i dont know if theres an easier way than this or if anyone had any experience with them.

http://www.ezwiring.com/wiring_harness.html

thanks!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:46 AM
Teching In

im in for feedback as well!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just went through my body harness the same way I did my engine harness. Removed all the un-necessary stuff and kept the good, and added some relays. Also it is your chance to add things like bottle heaters, and other accessories. The thing about harnesses from some places is you don't get the oem connectors to things like the headlights, switches, and all that good stuff, that's why I kept the oem harness.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bjamick
i just went through my body harness the same way i did my engine harness. Removed all the un-necessary stuff and kept the good, and added some relays. Also it is your chance to add things like bottle heaters, and other accessories. The thing about harnesses from some places is you don't get the oem connectors to things like the headlights, switches, and all that good stuff, that's why i kept the oem harness.
mY thought was to cut and solder the oem connectors on the a/m harness? I am a complete noob when it comes to any wiring.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Teching In

I also have all my OEM connectors. My foxes body harness is a jumble and brittle as hell.

Quick Reply: Body wiring harness options on a swap?