Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans Dapt motor mount

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans Dapt motor mount

Ok, I bought the 1" set back kit and it comes with the old style motor mounts along with the adapter plates. I have the newer style clam mounts so they are wider and can not be used together. I used my clam mounts and got it to go in but, after looking at it for a few days I would like the engine to sit lower. What mounts could I use on frame side to go with the mounts that came in the kit? Is there something that will work or am I better off fabricating my own?
Old 02-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Launching!

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

I used these with moroso mounts on my 82 trans am. I hate the cheap trans dapt plates. I used some more expensive plates off ebay on an 82 vette and those were much better. I needed to trim the block because I had already had the TD plates zinc plated but otherwise the plates would need trimming. The support nuts are a joke, they only fit in 1 location and the supplied bolts are too long for solid mounts. Also, the threaded hole locations are not perfect, I had to drill out my moroso mounts. I have these moroso mounts on all my cars, I swear by them and they have always worked perfectly, fit like a glove every time...not now

The engine sits super low however so maybe...the moroso mounts are a solution for you....if you want solids that is.

Last edited by Twin_Turbo; 02-29-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:19 PM
TECH Resident

odd, I've used the trans dapt plates in probably 7-8 different GM ls1 swap projects and have never had any issues with them. I recommend them to anyone doing a swap. I've had to do some trimming to get them to fit at times, but very minor amounts.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Launching!

Did you use the "support" nuts?

See where it hits that square machined block on the right? I think that section is used for the machining track system @ the factory...anyway, there's a bunch of interference there. Not something that isn't easily remedied but the others I used didn't have this issue

Last edited by Twin_Turbo; 02-29-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:26 AM

Ok, so your saying the mounts they come with are garbage? What are my options? I see your set up, I am putting this in a g body car and want the engine to sit a little lower. If I went with the mount style pictured what are they for? I dont want all solid mounts.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Launching!

The solid mounts are the moroso mounts, those are not garbage. I never had a problem with them ever before.

I;m using upper moroso solid mounts, the lower is a BMR K member with poly inserts. If you buy the complete moroso kit it has solid bottom plates but you could modify them or build some your own and use poly bushings.

Quick Reply: Trans Dapt motor mount