Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Part Throttle stumble/miss DBW setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Part Throttle stumble/miss DBW setup

I took my 71 Chevelle for the first drive today. I found it to have a part throttle stumble / miss till around half throttle then it clears out and pulls hard. The engine is a 2005 L59 with a 4l60. The harness was done by me and the PCM done by LT1 Swap. It had 2 codes that i pull a P0171 and a p0175 wich are rich /lean codes.

Does anyone know if there is a procedure to "calibrate" the pedal,tac box,and the throttle body or does the computer learn it on the fly?
Old 04-01-2012, 08:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

No "learn" on the throttle...[It's either Ok, or certain faults could cause it to become "dead", for safety reasons.]
A data log[s] is in order, to track the problem...
Old 04-01-2012, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

Done a lil tinkering with it today and found 1 plug wire with only 115 ohms so i changed it out with a spare that has 500 ohms. I have the wires from 2 different years on this thing 2000 and 2005 the 2000 wires show right at 500 ohms while the 05 wires show between 850 to 900 ohms. i have 5 2005 and 3 2000 wires.Reason being is some wires were torn on both engines so i mixed and matched.

Would this wire combination cause the stumble? all the wires are in tolerances for their specific applications but im not for sure if the lower resistance wires are up to the task of the 05 ignition system.

also my scan tool was showing no voltage to bank 1 02 sensor .checked for voltage and it had over 12 volts at the plug. and keeps throwing a lean code. so i thought maybe i was having a MAF problem so I unplugged it and it made no change at all ,It didn't even throw a code. (however bank 1 02 started seeing voltage???
Sorry for the length of post I am stumped. Has anyone had this issue before?
Old 04-01-2012, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

I cant get a pic to load .there is some kind of port on the back of the intake on the drivers side towards the top, you can pull it out and push it in like it is a quick connect. anyone have an idea to what this is? is it a vaccume port? i cant work the throttle and feel if it is sucking air at the same time and at idle it dont seem to be sucking air.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's for the brake booster nipple if it's a vacuum booster. If yours has a plug, the donor had hydroboost.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

i dont see a plug in it it just looks like there is an open hole through it like a quick connect fitting . not sure if the donor was hydraboost or not.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

Ok guy's I have my miss/stumble figured out... Apparently while I was doing my harness I somehow put the 02sensor wiring down the wrong sides of the engine and had bank one hook to bank 2 and vice versa. Switched them around right and no more stumble/miss and has smooth constant power all the way through! If anyone is having this issue check ur 02 harness plugs on my 05 truck harness there are 2 purple wires ( 1 purple per sensor) the drivers side is purple with a white stripe and passenger side is solid purple.

Hope this helps someone out. I would also like to thank Brendan from LT1swap for pointing me to my mistake.

Quick Reply: Part Throttle stumble/miss DBW setup