Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 swap Help Into 2003 Silverado SS

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS3 swap Help Into 2003 Silverado SS

Hi l have LS3 that was put in my 2003 Silverado SS LQ9 The shop that that did engine install left harness in a mess did not label anything on LQ9 Harness so l have real mess been working threw
This is what l have completed

Injectors pig tail cennectors done
Throttle body thrust adapter done
knock sensor pigtail adapter relocation done
Cam shaft Sensor plug in and extention done

Question
Used the Linghnfelter 24x 58x Convertor
Cam Shaft Sensor Done
Crank Shaft Sensor done at Engine B](can not find where Crank shaft plug goes into the LQ9harness)?? [/B]
Any help would be apreciated

Last edited by Courticeman; 04-05-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:43 PM

Went back out looked alll over the Harness from the LQ9 still can not find where the crank sensor plugs in very frustrating
Old 04-05-2012, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my o3 harness the cranksensor connector goes over the left front head down behind the p/s pump, around the frond of the pan and back the right side of the pan rail and plugs in behind the starter. Hope this is the info you were looking for.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

The starter solenoid wire and oil level switch connector are on the same pigtail

CRANK uses a LT GRN, YEL/BLK, DK BLU/WHT wires. Black connector, white rear lock, usually purple grommet
Old 04-11-2012, 04:03 PM

Thanks Guys l am down to fuel supply to the LS3 I have a purchased a inline filter that goes from one to two any input on setting up the fuel? All the lines are still there from my LQ9
Old 04-12-2012, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Using that LPE converter was a BAD move. It stranded me multiple times and was extremely difficult to diagnose. It's a POS design that when it didn't work, they didn't have the knowledge to address so their answer was to refuse to help the folks that bought them. Guess what? This was all through a WELL known shop here in Houston who had multiple problems on different cars using that box. It's a POS and LPE is a POS group. The LS3 is a FANTASTIC motor, don't stain it with a kluge band aid from LPE. It was a great idea poorly executed by a now second rate group. Save yourself some headaches and swap the reluctor wheel.

Quick Reply: LS3 swap Help Into 2003 Silverado SS