Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dirty Dingo Mounts.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Dirty Dingo Mounts.

I've been looking at the Dirty Dingo mounts but I'm not quiet sure on which one I should get. I'm not sure where I want to place my engine so I like the mounts with multiple holes or the sliders. The sliders are more expensive and they seem like it would be a little more difficult to line everything up evenly. Does any one have Dirty Dingo mounts? Which one and how do you like it?
Old 04-11-2012, 05:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the sliders and they seem fine.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sliders here. No problems either. Nice to be able to place exactly where you want. I'm a little **** retentive(ok, a lot) on weight placement in any type of car. Be it drag or road course or just plainly a street car. In my application I have the motor as far back as the mounts will allow. Moving that kind of weight back two inches does matter. To some, they could care less.

Edit: just measure each mount from a point on each side of block and tighten bolts. It will be even. I guess this is what you're asking.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Are you loud sure which one you should get?
Old 04-16-2012, 11:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

I went with the sliders also. Just mounted them to the block and frame mounts with transmission bolted on. Then lined up transmission to crossmember, and tightened it all up. These were actually easier to get everything lined up than the non-adjustable adapters. Only problem I had was the bolts to hold the frame brackets on we're too short for the energy suspension mounts, quick call to McMaster...problem solved.

Being able to run stock F-body pan was also a plus, since I didn't want to give up the baffle that I bought for it.

Last edited by cmac06; 04-16-2012 at 11:07 AM. Reason: More info
Old 11-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cmac06
I went with the sliders also. Just mounted them to the block and frame mounts with transmission bolted on. Then lined up transmission to crossmember, and tightened it all up. These were actually easier to get everything lined up than the non-adjustable adapters. Only problem I had was the bolts to hold the frame brackets on we're too short for the energy suspension mounts, quick call to McMaster...problem solved.

Being able to run stock F-body pan was also a plus, since I didn't want to give up the baffle that I bought for it.
So did you use the preload plate with that came with the energy suspension mounts. I bolted mine up the other day and wasn't close enough to getting any thread protrusion. Dirty Dingo said the plates aren't needed? Energy suspension instructions say you MUST install them. They preload the poly bushings I've looked and some use them some don't trying to get an understanding of what they do.

If you used them that would push the engine even further up, not desirable. If you ditch them then no preload will they perform as intended?
Old 11-10-2012, 04:25 PM
11 Second Club

Sliders here as well. Easily installed and worked great, well worth the price. This is in my '97 Crown Victoria:

Old 11-11-2012, 08:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought these last year for a swap into a 73 Vette

They positioned the bellhousing face on the back of the block within 1/4" of the original small block chevy. I am very pleased with the position and fit.

Quick Reply: Dirty Dingo Mounts.