Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nissan 350z 434ci sleeved stroker/nitrous build.(no more turbo)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 01:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

****UPDATE****

Cam arrived today. I spent the evening installing and tuning it. It started up instantly and didn't stall..this being on the old **** tune.( the old cam would stall if you didn't give it a little gas) Idle KPA is now 66-69 as opposed to the 86+ that I was experiencing with the old cam.

I completely retuned the car (much easier with this time) and alls I can say is I am finally happy with my car. Not only does it feel like it picked up 100hp(too bad our dyno didn't come in time) but the car has brakes, NO LONG breaks up or bucks at the 2-3k range that no matter what I tried wouldn't go away, and finally feels like a monster. The power comes on instantly and at first I wasn't sure if the tires were spinning so easy because they were wet or what. This is a streetable cam. The old cam was literally dead under 4k.

After driving with this one Ive come to the conclusion that either A. The 262/266 cam should not be in a street car whatsoever, or B. The cam was ground wrong. The engine is ridiculously responsive and even sounds much better. The true test will be against my brothers car tomorrow. If everything goes well, ill finally be able to put some nitrous to this thing.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Staging Lane

I loved the turbo LS2 build and followed you through it but im also looking forward to seeing some more videos and track number! keep up the good work as always!
Old 09-11-2012, 05:30 PM
TECH Resident

Glad to hear you got it running and are happy with it again, just waiting on some new vids...oh and what is this car if your brothers
Old 09-11-2012, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't hurt yourself with this new found power Snyper. Hopefully i'll get my ERL Performance 434 running by October.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Snyper
****UPDATE****

Cam arrived today. I spent the evening installing and tuning it. It started up instantly and didn't stall..this being on the old **** tune.( the old cam would stall if you didn't give it a little gas) Idle KPA is now 66-69 as opposed to the 86+ that I was experiencing with the old cam.

I completely retuned the car (much easier with this time) and alls I can say is I am finally happy with my car. Not only does it feel like it picked up 100hp(too bad our dyno didn't come in time) but the car has brakes, NO LONG breaks up or bucks at the 2-3k range that no matter what I tried wouldn't go away, and finally feels like a monster. The power comes on instantly and at first I wasn't sure if the tires were spinning so easy because they were wet or what. This is a streetable cam. The old cam was literally dead under 4k.

After driving with this one Ive come to the conclusion that either A. The 262/266 cam should not be in a street car whatsoever, or B. The cam was ground wrong. The engine is ridiculously responsive and even sounds much better. The true test will be against my brothers car tomorrow. If everything goes well, ill finally be able to put some nitrous to this thing.
Great to hear man!!! Very happy to see you enjoying it, but its no fun for us if we can't see ya doing it!!!!

NEED SOME VIDS!!!!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:50 PM
TECH Resident

BTW, since you're tuning your own stuff would you mind giving me some tips with regards to throttle cracker and follower tables? I am finally getting to the point to actually start tuning my junk and this is my first time. I am pretty happy with the idle but I think it is still a bit fat. Appreciate any help you could offer...can definitely handle through PM so as to not muck up your thread.

Great job again dude...always envied how awesome your set-up sounded!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:17 PM
10 Second Club

What ECU are you running?

Also, I've been busy today. =)

The nitrous and purge solenoids are in the brake box(mirroring the fuel solenoid inside the box. I wanted to get both in there but they just wouldnt fit.

I'm also re-installing my 2-step launch controller as we speak. Hopefully once the correct length bolts come in tomorrow for the throttle body, ill have it all up and raping..er running. I have an Alpha 9 GTR to eat(hopefully, its my best friend/shop owners car and its the fastest thing ive ever been in) We both have big egos so I hate showing excitement for anything he has (like when he got his Gallardo) but I couldn't help it yesterday when I went in this thing. We are going to do a 60-160 roll race once my 325s and nitrous are up and running.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:20 AM
Staging Lane

What ECU are you running?

Also, I've been busy today. =)

The nitrous and purge solenoids are in the brake box(mirroring the fuel solenoid inside the box. I wanted to get both in there but they just wouldnt fit.

I'm also re-installing my 2-step launch controller as we speak. Hopefully once the correct length bolts come in tomorrow for the throttle body, ill have it all up and raping..er running. I have an Alpha 9 GTR to eat(hopefully, its my best friend/shop owners car and its the fastest thing ive ever been in) We both have big egos so I hate showing excitement for anything he has (like when he got his Gallardo) but I couldn't help it yesterday when I went in this thing. We are going to do a 60-160 roll race once my 325s and nitrous are up and running.
followed your original build over on my350z big fan of your work projects keep coming out great! especially your na monster this time!

i have a tt'd stroked HR vq putting down 730 on pump over there, working on building an s14 with a 347 ive had laying around for awhile now. your old build got me motivated to get it in something actually haha.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please tell me this is a trial fit. Not to bash, but you're capable of something a little more aesthetically pleasing lol.

Always loved this car. Cant wait to see some video - I'm sure its a monster!
Old 09-12-2012, 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Great build! When will it be in Modified again
Old 09-13-2012, 10:08 AM
10 Second Club

Its finally done. The only thing I need now is a 4.25"-4" silicone 90* coupler which I CANNOT find anywhere.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:10 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by STEEPSS
Please tell me this is a trial fit. Not to bash, but you're capable of something a little more aesthetically pleasing lol.

Always loved this car. Cant wait to see some video - I'm sure its a monster!

Haha!! I haven't finished it yet geez! lol Once its done, noone will see it though which is kind of the point. In the engine bay all you can see is the fuel noid. I like keeping things less cluttered. I tried to get both noids in the brake booster box but I need more line.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wondering; you say your turbo setup was just too much to be enjoyable on the road, how much power were you putting down to say 600whp will be more enjoyable.

I'm planning a small twin turbo setup likely on a 5.3 in hopes of an easy 600whp but read a lot about much over 400whp and it stops being fun. Right now my fastest vehicle is my LS1 toyota pickup, so about 350hp (rated at the crank) and ~2800lbs (weighed it) and it's pretty exciting, but still feel it's a long way from too much.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:17 PM
10 Second Club

It wasn't how much power it was how it was delivered..it came on very late and VERY hard..and when you let off to stop spinning you had to wait for the power to come back on..just to spin again.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It wasn't how much power it was how it was delivered..it came on very late and VERY hard..and when you let off to stop spinning you had to wait for the power to come back on..just to spin again.
Ah... I can see that not being fun, waiting for the car to bite you. I'm hoping with the small set up to be able to make the power band pretty progressive even if it means leaving something on the table.

Thanks for the input!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

I bought that elusive 4.25" to 4" 90 from intakehoses. I can PM you the link if you can't find it.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

Snyper,
How do you like the Moroso catchcan? Is it doing its job?

thanks,
Jim
Old 09-15-2012, 11:07 PM
10 Second Club

Im not longer running the moroso catch can. Im running a 100$ ebay full billet catch can setup specifically for the LS2 GTO..its pretty bad ***.

I got the correct silicone elbow to be able to run my maf. I was going to just go back to speed density but the AFR is all over the place with temp change. It runs much smoother with the MAF ive noticed..so its staying on.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Staging Lane

Glad to hear you got the new cam in and it's working better for you! Can't wait to see some new vids of the car and hopefully an idle video of the new cam! Keep it up
Old 09-16-2012, 10:58 PM
10 Second Club

Heres my first 60-130mph run (7.1 seconds) This is NA no nitrous.

This is a quick rev with the new cam..

And from the back...

Quick Reply: Nissan 350z 434ci sleeved stroker/nitrous build.(no more turbo)