Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1965 impala ls3 t56 swap

Old 02-09-2015, 07:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wildmanaaron
I'm cornfused, how come you notched the crossmember if it would clear before when you moved the mounts 2" higher? I know you said a few posts above that you did this to get the engine in lower?
I am not sure if you are directing the question to me or to the original poster. I happen to know him personally so I can answer...in his case the intake he used was too tall for the hood to close, and so he lowered the entire engine to accommodate. He had to also cut out some of the support under the hood....it's that tight in there.

In my case, I did not notch my frame. I would have had to notch if I did not raise my engine because the alternator would have hit the frame.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superdave84
I am not sure if you are directing the question to me or to the original poster. I happen to know him personally so I can answer...in his case the intake he used was too tall for the hood to close, and so he lowered the entire engine to accommodate. He had to also cut out some of the support under the hood....it's that tight in there.

In my case, I did not notch my frame. I would have had to notch if I did not raise my engine because the alternator would have hit the frame.
My motor has Camaro brackets, so the alternator has low driver side mount too, so I guess I'll be lifting my engine mounts too. What oil pan did you use?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1965 impala ls3 t56 swap