Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM & Harness Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM & Harness Issue

I've got an F-Body harness and a '05 CTSv PCM. The engine is an '05 LS6 built as an F-body LS1 as far as accessories and sensors go. I was told when I bought the PCM that it would work with the F-Body harness. I'm starting to dive in to the wiring involved in my swap and I discovered that the two don't appear to want to connect to each other. Can anyone confirm whether or not these parts will work together? Not sure how helpful these pictures are.

Last edited by mbrouder; 04-13-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have a blue/green pcm. The connectors showing are blue/red. You need to replace the red covers on the harness to green or break the the ridges so they fit into the green pcm. I would be curious as to what LS6 motor you have that is cable driven as they did not make them. Sounds like you need another harness or convert your motor to cable driven.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 69 Ghost
You have a blue/green pcm. The connectors showing are blue/red. You need to replace the red covers on the harness to green or break the the ridges so they fit into the green pcm. I would be curious as to what LS6 motor you have that is cable driven as they did not make them. Sounds like you need another harness or convert your motor to cable driven.
By cable driven are you referring to the throttle? I believe that was LS2 and newer, not LS6. My LS6 is from a '05 CTSv by the way. I bought it as a long block. I'm not sure there is any difference from an LS1 aside from head castings and a few internals.

Are the connector covers on the harness available anywhere?
Old 04-13-2012, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would find a Red/Blue PCM. There are a couple differences in the wiring as far as the oxygen sensors are concerned. The harness can be modded. Also some of the Blue/Green PCM's cant run a cable style throttle body. If it will control a cable tb, it will need to be reflashed with a program set up for cable.

The 04-05 Cts-v were LS6 with drive by wire throttle as in the c5 corvette.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Steve01SS
I would find a Red/Blue PCM. There are a couple differences in the wiring as far as the oxygen sensors are concerned. The harness can be modded. Also some of the Blue/Green PCM's cant run a cable style throttle body. If it will control a cable tb, it will need to be reflashed with a program set up for cable.

The 04-05 Cts-v were LS6 with drive by wire throttle as in the c5 corvette.
Thanks, just picked up a red blue PCM off eBay. I also never knew there were LS6's with DBW.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, cable driven throttle bodies in the LS cars are by far the minority. The only ones I am aware of is the 1998-2002 F-bodies (Camaro, Firebird) and the early GTO - 2004 only I think. Other than that, all other LS car engines were DBW.

BTW, I think you did the right thing. Buying a PCM to correctly match the harness will make things a lot easier!

Originally Posted by mbrouder
Thanks, just picked up a red blue PCM off eBay. I also never knew there were LS6's with DBW.

Quick Reply: PCM & Harness Issue