Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 5.3 into 62 GMC BBW . Lots of questions

Old 04-11-2012, 06:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 5.3 into 62 GMC BBW . Lots of questions

I have a 62 chevy c10 With an LS swap using a 5.3 and auto trans (4l65e?) out of an 08 Suburban.
Its using a porterbuilt dropmember, his mounts, ART arms, DJM 3" drop spindles, Converted to 5 Lug. Will start on the rear suspension soon.

The motor is in I have a few headaches to overcome, Hopefully you guys can chime in.

On to the Questions

Fuel system-
The motor has 2 lines coming. One fuel and the other? I do not think it is the return, looks like something emissions related.
1. What do I do with the other line?

If it isnt, I should have my Rear "stock" tank feeding an external pump. To the corvette regulator. I should have the part numbers if so.

2. Any recommendations on External pumps?

Gas pedal/ TAC

3. What module or what do I need to make everything run? I have a pedal but nothing else.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by edflores
I have a 62 chevy c10 With an LS swap using a 5.3 and auto trans (4l65e?) out of an 08 Suburban.
Its using a porterbuilt dropmember, his mounts, ART arms, DJM 3" drop spindles, Converted to 5 Lug. Will start on the rear suspension soon.

The motor is in I have a few headaches to overcome, Hopefully you guys can chime in.

On to the Questions

Fuel system-
The motor has 2 lines coming. One fuel and the other? I do not think it is the return, looks like something emissions related.
1. What do I do with the other line?

If it isnt, I should have my Rear "stock" tank feeding an external pump. To the corvette regulator. I should have the part numbers if so.

2. Any recommendations on External pumps?

Gas pedal/ TAC

3. What module or what do I need to make everything run? I have a pedal but nothing else.

The "other" line is the EVAP line. You can disconnect it at the solenoid on top of the manifold. Some people cap the solenoid, but I am not sure it is necessary.

A lot of guys use Walbro pumps.

I cannot tell you the exact TAC module you will need to connect between the PCM and the pedal, but I would think one from the same year would get you there…

A set of Trailblazer or Envoy exhaust manifolds will take care of the manifold issue you have right now…

There are a lot of great people on this site that can help you… So keep asking the questions..

Also, not sure if you have looked at the www.67-72chevytrucks.com site.. They have a section just for your type of vehicle, there are a few people over there that have done this swap that could provide you with information need. Mine is a 69 4x4, but many of the steps are similar for your truck.. see my build..

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=494599

Good luck with the build.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:07 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If this is an 08 Gen IV, there is no TAC Module as the TAC functions are taken care of by the ECM. Hope that helps.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 04-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by psiconversion
If this is an 08 Gen IV, there is no TAC Module as the TAC functions are taken care of by the ECM. Hope that helps.

Jon
PSI
Thanks, This save me from some worries
Old 04-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Crash_OK
The "other" line is the EVAP line. You can disconnect it at the solenoid on top of the manifold. Some people cap the solenoid, but I am not sure it is necessary.

A lot of guys use Walbro pumps.

I cannot tell you the exact TAC module you will need to connect between the PCM and the pedal, but I would think one from the same year would get you there…

A set of Trailblazer or Envoy exhaust manifolds will take care of the manifold issue you have right now…

There are a lot of great people on this site that can help you… So keep asking the questions..

Also, not sure if you have looked at the www.67-72chevytrucks.com site.. They have a section just for your type of vehicle, there are a few people over there that have done this swap that could provide you with information need. Mine is a 69 4x4, but many of the steps are similar for your truck.. see my build..

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=494599

Good luck with the build.
Im on that site, mostly in the suspension forum though. Ill be reading through your build.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 08 5.3 into 62 GMC BBW . Lots of questions