Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1968 firebird convertible

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1968 firebird convertible

I just purchased a 1968 firebird from the origional owner. Its a 350 2brl carb. Its all origional with the origional motor in it. It was driven until 86 when it was parked. I really want to do a lq9 motor, but not sure since the car is number matching. I will need to go through it top to bottom. Just not sure what route to take. Want a hot rod but!!

thanks
Texoma
Old 04-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll help, tear it up........ build what you want... if it was worth so much money you would not have got it for what you paid LOL!
Old 04-25-2012, 02:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Go for it.Pull out all the #matching scrap metal and set it aside in case someone wants to go back to stock in the future,who knows if that may be worth anything or not someday.If you plan things out right it won't be too difficult to return to stock if desired.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Go for it!! I’d rather purchase, own and drive 68 with today’s performance, than dust off a trophy in garage any day. If you want a high dollar car put a LSA or LS9 on top a pro-touring 68 and enjoy. My 2Cents
Old 04-26-2012, 05:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Make the car the way you want it. Right now, unless the car is a 100 point car it is only worth what the right guy is willing to pay. Doing the swap will not require you to do anything you can't un-do to make the car "original" again. Just store all of the take out parts away and have some fun.
My car is a 3 owner unrestored real numbers matching car. But due to the combination it is not really that desirable to a collector. I bought the car in close to original trim. The way it sits now is far more driveable and WAY!!! more fun. And that is what it is all about.

Anyone can restore one, it takes a real man to cut one up!!!

Quick Reply: 1968 firebird convertible