Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck intake with returnless rails

Old 04-29-2012, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Truck intake with returnless rails

Who is running the truck intake with the returnless rails? Which I think are on 2004 and up trucks?

Budget dose not call for a nice LS6 intake, so I'm trying to polish a turd here with the truck intake. I have majority of the crap cut off/chiseled off. Just a few more things I'm unsure of if I want chop off or not before I start hitting it with some sand paper and plastic filler.

I dabble a little with body work + experience with plastic welding/repairing, fiberglass work etc. Gets ugly before it gets nice.

Still need to chop these off, unsure what the threaded stud there was for. Assume its just another mounting point for the engine cover.

Main concern here, This is originally for the feed and return style fuel rails, since the regulator is on the rails and plugs into here correct?

Since I'm going returnless rails and vette filter/regulator I should be good to go and chop that off too correct?
Old 04-29-2012, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm using the truck rails and I removed the return line and plugged the hole with a 5/16 rod. Works great.
Attached Thumbnails Truck intake with returnless rails-dscn1079.jpg   Truck intake with returnless rails-dscn1080.jpg   Truck intake with returnless rails-dscn1063.jpg   Truck intake with returnless rails-dscn1061.jpg  
Old 04-29-2012, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice, make it look good, then I may try to make mine look good.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

I started a thread a while back on smoothed truck intakes. Here is a link.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...k-intakes.html
Old 05-01-2012, 09:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to do mine like that carbon fiber one and black one on like last page. Just completely smooth.

But what did they do with map sensor, pcv etc? It's completely gone on top.

Really don't like how they used fiberglass though. Fiberglass and plastic DO NOT mix. There is no bond between the two.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here are some pics of my truck intake. Looks better in pics. I am not the greatest body man!
Attached Thumbnails Truck intake with returnless rails-dscn1302.jpg   Truck intake with returnless rails-dscn1303.jpg   Truck intake with returnless rails-dscn1304.jpg   Truck intake with returnless rails-dscn1305.jpg   Truck intake with returnless rails-dscn1306.jpg  

Truck intake with returnless rails-dscn1307.jpg   Truck intake with returnless rails-dscn1308.jpg   Truck intake with returnless rails-dscn1309.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Truck intake with returnless rails