Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring Harness from Performance Systems Integration PSI

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wiring Harness from Performance Systems Integration PSI

Has any one used a Harness from these guys?

They look just as good and the Price is even better at $500.00 for the Harness for a 2000 LS1 motor and 4L60e transmission. I have been talking to guys all day on the Phone and the Prices i have got from most of the guys making Harness run for 850 to 500 and from the best i can tell the harness from Performance Systems Integration PSI looks just as good as the 850.00 harness.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:07 PM
TECH Regular

I used the PSI harness and it is excellent! really nice harness and is set up to let you put the computer inside the car.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got one of PSI's wiring harness and it looks great. I have not started my engine yet but from the looks of it it was money well spent. The only difference I can see is that the wiring connections are not labelled like the big dollar ones and they use LT1 style O2 sensor connectors.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Ok THANKS Guys i will be making a Order for one tomorrow. On the web sight it shows i can get the Harness and the ECM for $700.00 have any of you guys used the ECM Tune from them and how did it work?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's the same brand as mine is. No complaints about it. Was cheaper than some of the others and I went with that in mind and was glad I did.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:32 PM
TECH Regular

all the guys I know around here use a guy that custom tunes our cars so I haven't heard of anyone using the PSI computer/tune
Old 03-01-2011, 07:01 AM
Launching!

That's the harness I have. Haven't used/tested it yet, but it looks like a quality piece.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:21 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you checked out our harness? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/E171-...Q5fCarQ5fParts
Old 03-01-2011, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

Just Ordered my PSI Wiring Harness and ECM i will let you guys know how the ECM Tune Works out.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Schwanke Engines
Do you guys offer these for 6 speed cars? What about modifying and tuning pcm and harness from a 2000 Trans Am provided by me?
Old 03-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Launching!

PSI harness is great. I am frame off. Joe, their tech, talked me through starting my engine with a boat ignition switch.

I went from installing to running in about an hour.

I did use someone elses tune though.

I just need to get my body back on next.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got one. Good for the price but there are things left to be desired. The location of the split offs aren't very good and because of that some of the connector wires are too long. Also in many locations the loom is way to big for the wire. But for the price you can't really compain. Think I will try another person next time though
Old 03-01-2011, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Anybody have a link to their site or something?
Old 03-01-2011, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by zamora7
Anybody have a link to their site or something?
This is the web sight i called and talked to them to day and sounded like Nice Guys i all so talked to Joe. http://www.psiconversion.com/index.php
Old 03-02-2011, 01:38 AM
Launching!

I talked to all the wiring harness guys

PSI, SpearTech, SSPwiring, and a few others, The others i dont remember the companies names because one or two of them only made a closed loop version, and i didnt want that.

Ok this is my experance dealing with these guys,

PSI was a cool dude, he was going to make me a custom harness but relays, fan pig tails etc were not included, and i felt the should have been, he prices are good tho.

SpearTech, i would never buy anything from them or recomend anybody to do busness with them, everytime i asked about something the price went up, no joke it started as a $500 mod and went up to $1000 and he wants $1,700 for a new harness where others are doing them for $600-$700 John from speartech is not a up front person, he hides things and then when you ask about them he tells you O ok thats another $75 and thats another $40 O you want that to thats another $125, i can see forgetting something "BUT" he knows his stuff and he knows you will need it ,

After i felt i was on the same page as John he sent me a e-mail saying i dont want to do business with you, He said yes i built my business not being up front with people, he was being a wise *** to me , at the time I was shopping and researching other companies and i did tell him that others were building LS wire harness for a lot less, but that i would go with him because i did contact him first and that he did spend time with me going over what i needed ,
But i am glade i didnt , i talked to BRP hot rods (They make LSX conversion kits) and they
said that speartech is way over priced.

In the end Steve from SSP wiring was the most caring, honest and up front person to me, He wanted me to get the right parts for the Job, that was his #1 most concern, he wasnt a salesman just trying to get a part out the door

He told me right away , Walt you need a new custom built wire harness, He explained the differences in the E-38, , E-40, E-67, etc , he explaind how the ECM and TCM work together and Why i should start off with compatiable stuff, and if i didnt i could fry my new tranny.

The stock LS2 harness would not work because it was out of a 07 vette that had a 6L80 tranny and i was now going to use a 4L65E tranny in my T-type. I needed a TCM to work the 4L65E etc

Steve Knows "everything" when it comes to wire harnesses and ECM's

and his prices are un beatable, he agreed for me to run the new harness into the buick's stock kick pannel ECM location, to give her a clean stock look.

He is supplying me with a fuse and relay block with relays and fan pig tails, AC hook up, drive by wire gas pedal etc, the works, and the only guy that would make me and give me what i wanted.

So far i cant say enough good about SSP wiring
Old 03-02-2011, 03:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Schwanke Engines
schwanke engines makes a nice harness just got mine last week looks great
Old 03-02-2011, 07:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 167 Likes on 97 Posts

I had my harness done by John at Speartech..........."Everything" worked out perfectly, Price and Delivery were "Exactly" as John quoted......As far as I'm concerned, John is the best.....the support I received from John went above and beyond his commitment that I paid for............The support end is something that is not thought about until you need it, and John was "Alway's" there to help in any way.................Just my $.02

Ken
Old 03-02-2011, 07:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zamora7
Do you guys offer these for 6 speed cars? What about modifying and tuning pcm and harness from a 2000 Trans Am provided by me?
The only real thing you need for the 6speed car is the VSS from the trans.

We are not interested in modifying stock harness's. We are an engine shop and we don't make the harness's here, they are speced out by us and built by a harness manufacturing company. I do our own custom stuff, but we just don't have the supply of parts to make our own stuff.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS2Ttype
I talked to all the wiring harness guys

PSI, SpearTech, SSPwiring, and a few others, The others i dont remember the companies names because one or two of them only made a closed loop version, and i didnt want that.

Ok this is my experance dealing with these guys,

PSI was a cool dude, he was going to make me a custom harness but relays, fan pig tails etc were not included, and i felt the should have been, he prices are good tho.

SpearTech, i would never buy anything from them or recomend anybody to do busness with them, everytime i asked about something the price went up, no joke it started as a $500 mod and went up to $1000 and he wants $1,700 for a new harness where others are doing them for $600-$700 John from speartech is not a up front person, he hides things and then when you ask about them he tells you O ok thats another $75 and thats another $40 O you want that to thats another $125, i can see forgetting something "BUT" he knows his stuff and he knows you will need it ,

After i felt i was on the same page as John he sent me a e-mail saying i dont want to do business with you, He said yes i built my business not being up front with people, he was being a wise *** to me , at the time I was shopping and researching other companies and i did tell him that others were building LS wire harness for a lot less, but that i would go with him because i did contact him first and that he did spend time with me going over what i needed ,
But i am glade i didnt , i talked to BRP hot rods (They make LSX conversion kits) and they
said that speartech is way over priced.

In the end Steve from SSP wiring was the most caring, honest and up front person to me, He wanted me to get the right parts for the Job, that was his #1 most concern, he wasnt a salesman just trying to get a part out the door

He told me right away , Walt you need a new custom built wire harness, He explained the differences in the E-38, , E-40, E-67, etc , he explaind how the ECM and TCM work together and Why i should start off with compatiable stuff, and if i didnt i could fry my new tranny.

The stock LS2 harness would not work because it was out of a 07 vette that had a 6L80 tranny and i was now going to use a 4L65E tranny in my T-type. I needed a TCM to work the 4L65E etc

Steve Knows "everything" when it comes to wire harnesses and ECM's

and his prices are un beatable, he agreed for me to run the new harness into the buick's stock kick pannel ECM location, to give her a clean stock look.

He is supplying me with a fuse and relay block with relays and fan pig tails, AC hook up, drive by wire gas pedal etc, the works, and the only guy that would make me and give me what i wanted.

So far i cant say enough good about SSP wiring
I did the same as you i called like 5 wiring places and talked to all of them and SpearTech was HIGH and from the looks of the harness the PSI harness looks just as good to me.

Both the SerTech and PSI came with Fuse Block with Relays and Fan Pig Tails the SperTech Harness was $750.00 with shipping and the PSI harness was $499.00 and i talked to Joe at PSI and he was a NICE guy a lot nicer then the guy i talked to from SperTech.

Joe From PSI all so told me for $200.00 more they would sale me a NEW ECM and put a Tune in it for my car so that made my total for the harness and ECM from PSI the same Price as just the harness from SperTech.

SperTech wonted $200.00 just to put a Tune on the Computer and i did not even have one so for me to get a Computer and have SperTech Tune it would have been around $300.00.

All so PSI told me if i need anything when i was wiring my car to just give them a call and Joe the Tech Guy for PSI would Help me any way he could he all so told me if i need anything changed in my ECM to just send it back and it Would be changed for Free.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

"The only real thing you need for the 6speed car is the VSS from the trans."

what is needed for a TH-400, will the ECM need any information from the trans?

Quick Reply: Wiring Harness from Performance Systems Integration PSI